Entry to Railway Paddock

PV1993

Can anyone explain to me why the queue to get in is insanely long, snaking all around the car park, and only two turnstiles are open? It’s causing absolute carnage with a massive influx of fans.

I love what the Shanahans have done but this is insane. This isn’t going to make first timers or casual fans want to come again. 

• Like 1

Advert:

It is a bit strange how this has suddenly happened. Clearly down to fewer turnstiles being open. Only reasons for that can be to save costs or not enough people want to do it? I'd suggest Theo be put on there, but he'd keep missing the pedal so would probably cause more problems than he solves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Advert:

27 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

You can only go into the area of the ground that you have purchased a ticket for. Caller on RS saying queuing also bad at the Bycars

I queued for the Bycars and that was at 2-15

Advert:

1 minute ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

According to a steward I spoke to they were having problems with the wifi network which meant the scanners were working intermittently which is why the queues were moving so slowly.

Heard that a few times now over the years, it was the same on Tuesday. Getting old that excuse. 

• Like 1

They Ended up opening the gates in the Railway Stand and just letting people in counting groups of 5. No checks on tickets at all. My mate went through a turnstile were the scanner wasn't working so the bloke was keeping a tally on a note pad. So I would say the 6900 is more likely to be well over 7000 today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

40 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

According to a steward I spoke to they were having problems with the wifi network which meant the scanners were working intermittently which is why the queues were moving so slowly.

Doesn’t stop them opening the extra turnstiles … slow scanning on 4 gates is better than 2

• Like 2