onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers

Fosse69

Enjoyable game with a decent atmosphere. I’d much rather that than watching us against some tinpot outfit. 

Draw was a a fair result. We had the better chances but they had more of the ball. 

Foley and Spearing were very good and I still think we are lacking in the midfield. I can’t see any of our midfield 3 of today playing a killer forward pass, where as I thought their midfield had that in their locker. 

The defence looks solid and I can’t see us conceding many. However, on the flip side we also don’t look scoring bucket loads.

Advert

I felt the midfield three struggled to impose themselves in what was admittedly a tough game.

I like Tom Pett a lot and maybe he was caught up with having to do a lot of the dirty work but it felt like his quietest match out of the three. 

1 hour ago, Santa said:

I felt the midfield three struggled to impose themselves in what was admittedly a tough game.

I like Tom Pett a lot and maybe he was caught up with having to do a lot of the dirty work but it felt like his quietest match out of the three. 

It was a funny game, in that that our lot didn't seem to do much. But on the other hand, give or take the odd ten minutes, I thought we bossed the midfield.

Hate to say it, but Foley was the class act in CM.

Tranmere were pretty good.  That game was on a different level to last week.

So that's about 22 goal attempts in last two games and one goal need to be working on finishing .

Watched the first half thought generally Tranmere were a very good side but we should really have scored when Garrity headed on and Worrall squared to Wilson and he shot straight at the keeper pick your corner and even before than Dan Jones hit a 80 yard ball and Rodney was in but poor control and the chance wasn't taken it should have been the ball from Jones deserved better .

Then Wilson after good initial work shot widely wide .

Didn't see the second half so cannot say anything about that but will say this why wasn't Cass starting and Amoo was he as bright as was v Sunderland and why was Proctor not on from the start and young Bailey not even on the bench ,I'd say all four were worthy of being selected based on there previous efforts v Sunderland. 

We conceded 7 v them last season so not to concede is terrific however we have to score to ignite the crowd even further and before anyone asks why I didn't go I over did the shouting v Sunderland and it took me 3 days for me heart to slow down so I gave my season ticket my lad but drank to much at a wedding so my nephew used it instead .

Brilliant gate and I heard Legge and Smith were immense so well done them .

UTV 

16 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Admittedly I didn’t go today due to a prior engagement, but the facts speak for themselves. Only one shot on target today (ok we hit the woodwork twice) and no goals in two. But I wasn’t expecting much today given its already been announced we’ll be gash for the first 9 games.

Only 1 shot on target? their keeper pulled off 3 good saves from Wilson, Proctor and Rodney. we also had 2 efforts cleared off the line. We weren't gash on Tuesday and we weren't gash today. If i were a Tranmere fan i would have been more worried about their attempts or lack of them.

It's amazing how some folk view a game nephew said we should have being awarded a pen and should have won yet my m8 said he thought it was a poor game with us having nothing up front well I've just watched the highlights and it seemed like a fair result as both teams had half chances.

Think Wilson needs be putting his opportunity away though thats the difference between a  good side and a average one a goal then and Vale Park would have being buzzing as the  week before if it goes in its 1-1 different game altogether .

Needs do better for sure I'd have them all in for finishing practice the forwards and midfield players that is.

Disappointed with Wilson first half effort. Great turn to create the space but someone who has been part of the setup at Old Trafford I would have expected him to keep his head and not to put it straight at the keeper.

Don't think Amoo got to see much of the ball when he came on but I thought the ball he bent to the top corner was going in .. good save by keeper, bettered a few minutes later by the save from Rodney.

Fingers crossed we finish better on Tuesday as our inability to convert chances against EFL teams in friendlies and competitive games is a real concern.

Don't buy DC view that we don't need a 20 goal striker as the goal scoring record of midfield players in our squad is not brilliant.

Tranmere should be up there. Whether that's top 3 or the top 6 is debatable, but I see them as one of the better teams in the league. We were thoroughly deserving of a point overall, could have easily won the game, and were without one of our two main men in Conlon. So it wasn't a bad point or performance by any means, though with plenty to improve on. Play as we have done against Sunderland and Tranmere and I'm fairly confident we'll get our first win on the board on Tuesday. Carlisle are a decent side though and have made a good start, so we'll need to have our shooting boots on.

I thank the team for great effort and entertainment yesterday and most of all a lot of skill. Tranmere are a good team who will be near the top of the league. The team is clearly much better than last year in everyway and I think our limiting factor, if there is one, is how strong is the league? Great to have a playmaker goalie! That sort of stuff gets Pickford the England jersey. 

Archived