onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers

Fosse69

Just now, Powerline said:

It was mostly poor, which I’m not going to have a huge go at him for, it’s just one game. I’d just point out Brown got continuously lambasted for it and today Covolan’s was even worse

Brown would punt high and aimless. Covolan seemed to be under instruction to knock it into Rodney's channel, which he did a lot in the first 20-30. As I say, I'm not expecting him to thread balls through. Once or twice his passing got us in behind, which is what I would anticipate from a League 2 keeper.

Advert

Not sure why we want a keeper that makes one killer ball in 10? At this level I just want a sensible steady keeper (very much like brown). Covolan worried me again today. Just see a number of errors happening this season that could cost us at the business end of the season. Not sure the risk of his errors are worth the odd good pass that surely a ball playing midfielder could also do? 

I’d also be starting proctor next game, he looks a good solid forward and has offered more than Wilson so far imo. I think Walker is going to be a big player, we seemed to struggle once he went off. 

Very impressed today. Another day, we'd have won that 1 or 2 nil and the post match comments would be more positive. Wilson clearly has more technical ability than our other forwards combined, so if we can just utilise him properly and cut out the hoofing we'll be up there. This side is miles better than what we've had in years. For a side who've played 2 competitive league games together it's looking very promising indeed. Another forward isn't magically going to get us scoring. It's all about the service. Get that right and any of our current 3 will score. Crossing was poor today which needs to improve (unless we start to play more on the floor through the middle which I, personally, would prefer)

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Smacks of Bruno so far. Nothing to get excited about, mass changes. Hope I am wrong, but whenever we have an all white kit we have a poor season.

Nothing like Bruno. He did well in the league above early on! Wheels came off after the TV Mk Win

from the Stokinel:
Covolan is well outside his area to meet the ball with a diving header but straight to Dacres-Cogley who should have done better than a lob that gave the keeper time to recover.
Life is never going to be boring with this guy in goal!
It's all he could do if he'd of stayed on his line like brown they would of been 1 on 1 with the keeper

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

May be my own fault having advised ppl to get there early after Tuesday nights nightmare. Got there at 14.30 to go int Railway Paddock. I soon realised that I probably wouldn’t get in until 15.20 at the earliest so came home.

I got there at 2.25 and got in at 2.50 so for me it was fine(nice to see a bigger crowd),i do think you would of got in on time But there was nobody directing things and that made it a bit shambolic as the line was snaking all over the place before splitting into two( must of been a pain those getting tickets and then having to join the back again). Also there were a fair few who passed me looked how long the line was and turned away

15 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Brown would punt high and aimless. Covolan seemed to be under instruction to knock it into Rodney's channel, which he did a lot in the first 20-30. As I say, I'm not expecting him to thread balls through. Once or twice his passing got us in behind, which is what I would anticipate from a League 2 keeper.

I agree that was the instruction and understand your point. It’s just a bit frustrating because 9/10 times the ball went straight back to them and we just gave up possession.

First half to many long balls for me but i did think some of covolans kicks and throws were bang on although he did give us all one heart stopping moment second half that he was lucky didn't cost us.

Jones was cracking,he really looks a find and considering the abuse Garrity got from his other clubs fans he has done nothing wrong in the 2 games i have seen,i am happy with midfield when you think as well that we have Conlon to come back and the defence wont concede that many imo BUT we do lack a bit of something up top and that's my only concern,having said that maybe we just need to get that first goal to start us off

1 hour ago, Beech said:

People will moan about the lack of goals so far but we could and should have had at least two today. Hit the woodwork twice and their keeper had a very good game. It happens. Put a couple past Carlisle on Tuesday and all will be well.

Keep creating the chances and goals will hopefully come,we have had something like 25 shots/chances in 2 games and scored one,it has to click at some point

got there at 2.15 queue up past the shop, stewards standing around like dummies, then i realised this one queue was actually three!! one for tickets,one for season ticket entry, one for ticket entry, needs organising or people will be walking away . i wouldnt like to think id  queued for a ticket then have to go and queue up again. 😄:whistling: 

37 minutes ago, MBE said:

Completely disagree. I think he has looked decent on Tuesday and again for 20 mins today. I think him and Wilson could form a really good partnership with Rodney playing outside on the LW.

That could be interesting play 4-4-2 with Rodders left,Wozzer right with Wilson and Proctor in the middle

Archived