onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers

Fosse69

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Maybe it’s because I haven’t been at a live game for so long… but my overriding option of that was that it was a bloody enjoyable game of football!

Should have won it with either Wozza’s effort against the post, or Rodney’s half volley at the end.

UTV

Tranmere are no mugs. I think they'll be up there in and around the play-offs. For a 0-0 it was a decent game of football. We could easily have won it but a point was probably the right result just about.

Advert

8 minutes ago, Beech said:

Tranmere are no mugs. I think they'll be up there in and around the play-offs. For a 0-0 it was a decent game of football. We could easily have won it but a point was probably the right result just about.

Yes, no mugs but they should be more worried than us. Stats show they had 63% of possession with 10 shots and only 2 on target whereas Vale, with just 37%, had 14 shots with 3 on target and 4 blocked. Sooner or later those chances are going to go in.

7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Maybe it’s because I haven’t been at a live game for so long… but my overriding option of that was that it was a bloody enjoyable game of football!

Should have won it with either Wozza’s effort against the post, or Rodney’s half volley at the end.

UTV

No, it was an entertaining game on screen too. We probably edged it but definitely one that could have gone either way.

2 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes, no mugs but they should be more worried than us. Stats show they had 63% of possession with 10 shots and only 2 on target whereas Vale, with just 37%, had 14 shots with 3 on target and 4 blocked. Sooner or later those chances are going to go in.

They knocked it around well it has to be said but were pretty toothless, up against a good back line. We could have passed it a lot better at times and clearly missed Conlon, but we created more and on another day would have scored a couple.

Big game on Tuesday now. 4 points from the first 9 would be the least I would have hoped for from the first three games.

Pretty sure im watching the right game. Too many balls hit to hard, aimlessly and not going near a white shirt.
Out of interest, did you call Brown out about his distribution, as his was 100x worse than covolan?

Once again, thoroughly enjoyed that game. Close, both sides going for it, and we had the better chances.

Pett, Garrity and Walker all played well. Wilson and Rodney looked threatening. Worrall caused them problems. Jones excellent again. Bennings crossing awful for me, and he got caught out of position a few times. Only negative for me

Out of interest, did you call Brown out about his distribution, as his was 100x worse than covolan?

Once again, thoroughly enjoyed that game. Close, both sides going for it, and we had the better chances.

Pett, Garrity and Walker all played well. Wilson and Rodney looked threatening. Worrall caused them problems. Jones excellent again. Bennings crossing awful for me, and he got caught out of position a few times. Only negative for me
Absolutely brown's distribution wasn't good enough hence why I wasn't to fussed about him leaving. 100x worse is a massive stretch though, and at least with Brown you didn't get flying headers 30 yards from goal.

Good game that, two decent sides I thought (from what I managed to watch) I think we will both be reasonably quite high up. Both a bit toothless though and thought we struggled a bit once Walker went off. Unlucky not to win it with Worrall. Not happy with the club though, disgraceful before the game. This shouldn’t be an issue it was a complete joke. 

Early days but would very much like to see a win on Tuesday as the two games after look tricky.

David Worrall produced a great display 2nd half, very unlucky not to score.

Hope the 4th striker who's supposed to be coming in is a "Fox in the box" type, someone who scores 'em of their backside, knee, back of the head etc.

Any one have any news on Jake Taylor.

19 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Give over.

Admittedly I didn’t go today due to a prior engagement, but the facts speak for themselves. Only one shot on target today (ok we hit the woodwork twice) and no goals in two. But I wasn’t expecting much today given its already been announced we’ll be gash for the first 9 games.

2 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Admittedly I didn’t go today due to a prior engagement, but the facts speak for themselves. Only one shot on target today (ok we hit the woodwork twice) and no goals in two. But I wasn’t expecting much today given its already been announced we’ll be gash for the first 9 games.

Who said, we’d be rubbish for 9 games.?

Archived