onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

On 11/08/2021 at 12:18, valiant_593 said:

Wouldn’t bring covolan back personally, stone looks ok to me and deserves to keep his place. Legge did play well but is it making the same mistake as last season? Two games in a week could be too much. Cass looked useful as well, start him at RB so Worrall can hurt tranmere.  Personally I’d like to see 433. 

Stone

Cass      Smith    Martin   Benning

Conlon   Pett    Walker

Worrall   Proctor  Rodney 

Nothing against Wilson, just proctor looked really impressive last night and a goal threat. Jones has been decent as well but I do think Benning is the better player.

Peter Clarke i believe is 2 years older than Legge, i’m sure if Tranmere can manage a 38 year old then why can’t we manage ours? i’m sure if legge is managed better than the old regime then he’ll recover better for the weekends game. with Tranmere big striker i’d be tempted to go Legge for saturday 

21 minutes ago, valiantastic said:

Peter Clarke i believe is 2 years older than Legge, i’m sure if Tranmere can manage a 38 year old then why can’t we manage ours? i’m sure if legge is managed better than the old regime then he’ll recover better for the weekends game. with Tranmere big striker i’d be tempted to go Legge for saturday 

Just basing it off last season where legge seemed burnt out by half way and was really poor. Age might not be the only issue, some players are just fitter than others. Personally I’d want to manage legge to one game a week especially with our other options there 

Vale look extremely fit I thought there's a lot of options to pick from I want see Vale pass the ball with the fluidity of the last half hr some of the balls to Amoo and Worrall were absolutely top notch tuesday .

Wire the crowd start with the most attacking formation and once the games won then you can change to the system which will hopefully keep clean sheet .

Here's my team but I wouldn't like say if it's the right one because we have a lot of options but I after witnessing both our defeats v Tranmere last season i want us to wipe the floor with them this season and the last 30 minutes v Sunderland is what as a lover and passionate supporter of the Vale i want to see we were terrific when Darrryl changed to a system the players looked comfortable in .

Stone 

Cass  Legge Jones Benning 

Worrall  Pett Conlon Amoo 

Proctor Bailey 

That's my team the fluidity in the team was marvellous think Cass can offer magnificent switch of ball Bailey I'd give him.the nod over Wilson and Amoo well why rush Rodney back be honest with you I think Garrity or Conlon really as no need put Conlon back in and Walker did well mainly the other night as did Smith but I just think in both boxes Legge is a leader and I want him in my team more than not in my team .

Personal opinion .

Go for it Vale theres no reason why young Bailey cannot score in a resounding win .

UTV 

24 minutes ago, dishydave said:

One thing is certain Legge isn't going to just sit on the bench and collect a wage this year. He has looked solid in the games he's played.

For me Martin is so much better than Legge, have seen him play times prior to being at Vale he is a lot more mobile than Legge. He also doesn’t seem to get caught on the ball or lump it like Legge does. I’d happily play Legge in cups and to cover when injures occur but definitely not a starter for me, Martin is a younger and better all round player than Legge.

2 hours ago, valiantastic said:

Clarke is 3.5 years older than Legge as it happens, 40 in the new year

On 11/08/2021 at 23:11, Diego Maradona said:

Am not necessarily advocating a particular way to play on Saturday but when we went to 442 last night, Worrall was like a bird released from a cage! 
He only needed to think about his attacking play. Which he carried out really well.

I personally feel that he’s done ok at RWB but he could have a real/more influence as a genuine ‘winger’.

’Round pegs in round holes?’

Clarkey knows 👍

SENTINEL - WHERE DO YOU SEE HIM FITTING IN?

“We know if we can get David Worrall high up the pitch he is going to create chances and goals. I thought we did that a lot better the other night at times and he certainly got plenty of the ball and plenty of opportunities to deliver. The more you do that the more he will deliver.”

Top issue for me tomorrow is that we don't concede first for the third game in a row. Let's be sure we open the scoring and then it's them, not us, chasing the game away from home. Some big decisions for DC, including whether to bring Covolan back and keep Wilson, who doesn't seem to be featuring much in most people's preferred starting line up.

UTV. 

Archived