Jump to content

Climate Change. Threat to the World?


Paul6754
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

More Diretripe to split public opinion and keep the status quo of hate imo

Brexit, Covid now Climate 😳 

Posts like this keep the status quo of hate. 

I'm not even sure it warrants a reply but for goodness sake wake up and smell the coffee

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

Specifically, I’m differentiating between natural carbon sequestration/release and the rapid man made burning of carbon that has been stored over millions of years. Let me know if this still isn’t clear. 

So your question is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

More Diretripe to split public opinion and keep the status quo of hate imo

Brexit, Covid now Climate 😳 

Jesus Christ. Let me guess, you've done your own research?

Edited by WV
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

Thank you for your concern over my opinion 

How can you have the opinion that something scientifically proven to be happening is some sort of conspiracy theory to split opinion? Its happening.

The way you worded your post makes it sound like you think covid and brexit aren't real either. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WV said:

How can you have the opinion that something scientifically proven to be happening is some sort of conspiracy theory to split opinion? Its happening.

The way you worded your post makes it sound like you think covid and brexit aren't real either. 

When did I say they were conspiracy theories?

You are making assumptions on my opinions 

The way you worded your post you "hate" that I might have an opposing opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

When did I say they were conspiracy theories?

You are making assumptions on my opinions 

The way you worded your post you "hate" that I might have an opposing opinion 

What is there to have an opinion on? Is your opinion that it isn't happening despite mountains of scientific evidence to the contrary? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

So your question is?

It’s a reply to this.

CO2 is removed and put back in to the atmosphere all the time so you need to be more specific about what you're trying to get at with that statement.”

I don’t know what you were trying to get at with ‘removed and put back…all the time’.

I suspect you don’t either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest problem I have about saving the world (climate change)

If we get rid of the big 3........ oil, coal, gas...... what the hell do we replace them with?

The only viable means of producing enough electricity is nuclear.

Or do we go back to the horse & cart, sailing ships and barges down the canals? Scraping plastic for glass and paper? Could we grow enough trees to produce the paper as we will have fields of windmills? Stop farming animals and start eating insects for the protein? Keep a pot by the bed to take to the tannery.

The other problem with saving the world is......

Is it worth it? Should we just let nature do a reset?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Doha said:

Edit:  Sorry about that, the little tiddler missed the first trawl in the Thread split,  re-united again.

Nice one. Out of interest why has a thread about climate change been moved to the politics forum? While denialists/the delusional/bad faith actors would love it to be politicised to create excuses to reflect blame and spread corporate and political disinformation, this isn’t and can’t be a political issue. At all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Nice one. Out of interest why has a thread about climate change been moved to the politics forum? While denialists/the delusional/bad faith actors would love it to be politicised to create excuses to reflect blame and spread corporate and political disinformation, this isn’t and can’t be a political issue. At all. 

Not sure why there's a question mark in the thread title either. It's a <ovf censored> fact and we shouldn't be giving room to the cranks trying to debate that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, geosname said:

The biggest problem I have about saving the world (climate change)

If we get rid of the big 3........ oil, coal, gas...... what the hell do we replace them with?

The only viable means of producing enough electricity is nuclear.

That's simply not true. I'm interested to know how you've come to believe that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wind supplied 25% of the UK last year. There are 10 more massive wind farms currently being built/being surveyed to come, that will supply an additional several gigawatts. I know that as I know someone involved with the Rampion site off Brighton.

Nuclear is a safe, reliable and relatively very very clean option that we should follow France in using a lot more of, they produce so much energy so cheaply that we buy the excess off them wholesale, but it's not the only game in town. I'm sure I read somewhere Britain is the best placed country in Europe to take advantage of wind power. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Doha said:

Nice one. Out of interest why has a thread about climate change been moved to the politics forum? While denialists/the delusional/bad faith actors would love it to be politicised to create excuses to reflect blame and spread corporate and political disinformation, this isn’t and can’t be a political issue. At all. 

How it happened, Climate Change became a topic in the  Brexit thread, splitting a thread both remain under the same subject category, but can be changed later. Considering that politicians seem to talk a lot about it and there is a big conference coming  I  assumed  it was appropriate.  What action other than by politicians can be taken?  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Not sure why there's a question mark in the thread title either. It's a <ovf censored> fact and we shouldn't be giving room to the cranks trying to debate that.

Is it a threat to the world?  Is the case being made strongly enough?  Shoot the cranks down or put them on ignore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Not sure why there's a question mark in the thread title either. It's a <ovf censored> fact and we shouldn't be giving room to the cranks trying to debate that.

The loony left are entitled to post here too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF

×
×
  • Create New...