onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R1 Port Vale v Sunderland

Fosse69

44 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Does anyone know how to find out what game the ref is on next? I’d like to see if he gets demoted to non league, because if he doesn’t, that is truly laughable, and proves that the FA and EFL truly don’t give one about the standard of their referees.

He hasn't got a league game on Saturday but is doing the Colchester game against Mansfield next Tuesday.  And this after Colchester have Trevor Kettle on Saturday!!

Advert

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

He hasn't got a league game on Saturday but is doing the Colchester game against Mansfield next Tuesday.  And this after Colchester have Trevor Kettle on Saturday!!

After that loon last night I think I’d take Trevor Kettle.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/53784107.amp

"For me it's one of the first times in a long while that I've enjoyed the moment, because one of the negatives I have about myself is that I'm so self-critical, as I feel that I want to make such a difference.

"For me, one of the biggest drivers to be successful is to try to get to the highest level I can, to be a role model, to break down any barriers, if there are any, and to challenge the status quo in society to say 'we can be good referees too'."

Failing miserably based on last night's performance

20 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Poor buggers.

That really is a joke though. For him to have such an atrocious game and not get either sat for a couple of weeks or demoted to non league is a farce. So there’s no consequence for putting in a bad performance then. Refs know it doesn’t matter if they’re rubbish, they’ll be out next week again.

If they sign Theo that week too, the Colchester Samaritans helplines will be off the hook

34 minutes ago, MBE said:

As this thread has shown even we couldn't agree what formation as it was really fluid.

I think that was more me questioning my own memory… the sentinel reports confirm it was 352 as I originally thought and others have backed up. We certainly played 3 at the back for the vast vast vast majority of minutes through that run.

All this has come from the fact that people have started hating 352 and claim it can’t be successful… 

Disliking 352 has become the new longing for 442.

All I have ever tried to say is that it can and has been successful.

Not that it’s perfect, not that it’s the only formation we should play.

Just that it shouldn’t be thrown out… it should be used as one tool in our kit to try and win games.

Didn't DC say when he came in that it's not about formations, it is about what you do with them? Quite.

I have no problem with 3-5-2, 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or whatever so long as we win.

Think the thing is not getting too predictable, looking at the oppo, and having players comfortable in their part in the system we are playing. 

For all the talk about the (terrible) standard of the officials at last nights game, let's not take our eye off the ball.  15 shots, which is good, but only 4 on target according to the stats.  We had some great chances to at least test their keeper yesterday but mostly failed to do so.  Convert a couple of those misses and we wouldn't be focusing on the ref, unless he chalked them off, because of some dream he was having at the time.

To be fair, ordinarily, if we had converted more chances, I wouldn’t be commenting on the officials.
However, as the officials were so poor last night, I would definitely have made comments about the officials if we had won.

Also, after watching last night, I didn’t need to look at any stats to tell me that we were as good as they were for the first 60 minutes BUT absolutely battered them for the last half hour.

The application of the players in the whole game but especially the last 30 minutes will do for me. Wins will come!

Archived