onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R1 Port Vale v Sunderland

Fosse69

7 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Great to hear that Wilson and Proctor are gelling - thought they looked good at Chesterfield. 

Dont like knocking players and i guess it was just me but i didn't think Wilson looked interested,i was far more excited by Bailey when he came on but i thought Proctor played very well...as it stands Proctor and Rodders would be the starting front 2 at the moment

Advert

49 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Dont like knocking players and i guess it was just me but i didn't think Wilson looked interested,i was far more excited by Bailey when he came on but i thought Proctor played very well...as it stands Proctor and Rodders would be the starting front 2 at the moment

Bailey looked exactly like what he is, a young boy running around against men. He’s not ready for league football yet and was out of his depth last night. Wilson did well coming deep and linking play, made some good runs in the channel and also should have done better with his chance in the first half. At one point first half he made a fantastic recovery run covering for Benning.  You can tell he’s got a great touch and technique. He’s just a different type of player that isn’t a headless chicken running everywhere. 

Probably been done to death but I'll still comment 

Usually you get one inept official last night as a collective all three were abysmal. 

The two lines persons were disgusting. Particularly the Lorne Street one. 

I enjoyed the game, did it merit 7 yellow cards, hardly.

Amoo great cameo but when he starts it's a different scenario. Played his way onto the bench though surely. 

Good effort on a night ruined by the three Stooges 

399 Sunderland, I suggest folk refrain from quoting clowns on Facebook, they'll be telling you that the moon is made of cheese next 

On 08/08/2021 at 09:58, Andy Proctor said:

Sunderland will be too strong for us. I'd imagine they will win 2 nil or 2 1. I was hoping we would get a decent crowd in for this but by the looks of it it won't be. I thought Sunderland would bring a big following but not sure they will bring anymore than 500. Fans just don't seem bothered about cup games anymore. 

🤗🤗

It has been mentioned on this thread but to save disappointment for those who didn’t go last night but plan to go on Saturday. The queues outside the ground to get into the railway paddock went all the way back to Hamil Road. So to save disappointment unless all turnstiles are open don’t leave it till the last moment to get into the ground. I know there was only just over 3,000 but PVFC would have had an idea  of how many were attending. Yes you could buy tickets on the night but that queue wasn’t long at all.

We do have a strong squad now with various combinations that will keep opponents guessing. I'm  very optimistic of a good showing in the league campaign. Also, wow! Darrell booming away all match gives us in Lorne Street entertainment! It's obvious now he has instilled a "never say die" attitude which Vale fans will love. UTV.

Just seen the highlights. That penalty was even less of one seeing it from a better angle. Stone clearly got both hands to the ball. Their player didn't even appeal. No doubt we'll get a written apology, which will make us all feel better. Fuming. Makes you wonder whether the ref had a bet on Sunderland to score the second goal

Its an awful decision, both times Sunderland have come to VP they've had big decisions go their way (penalty Hannant didnt get in the cup tie).

More positive that we've had a go, they actually sent on their bigger guns like Grigg and McGeady before we started to batter them in the last half hour.

Food for thought... another striker is a must and the sooner the better to give us options but surely it will go for us sooner or later.

Surprised the online ticketing and the turnstile staff to be able to use QR codes wasn’t publicised more.

That said, the bottleneck at the turnstiles themselves didn’t look great.

I saw a load of Sunderland fans in Burslem and wondered why they all had dandruff. It turns out that their new home shirt has a sort of fade effect on it. 

Ok late post about last night but short and sweet apart from getting in the  ground and the floodlights at the bycars end going off but ain't going concentrate on them poor things I am going tell you that Vale looked a really good side the ones who went will not have to tell you they know .

That last 30 mins were superb creating chances pinging it around how Worrall and Legge not scored Proctor heading just wide twice Proctor scoring after lovely play involving Worrall and whoever played the pass initially .

Bailey looks a good un that Pett rightly man of  the Match and Amoo do not get me started on that terrific player as he was indeed terrific .

Never a pen for them but wasn't to be well played the Vale we played the game the way i want see the game played you infused the crowd and to be quite to the point we deserved a lot better .

UTV 

I've still not calmed down from that disgraceful refereeing performance. Utterly abject. Borders on outright cheating.

Aside from the <ovf censored> of a ref:

3-5-2 doesn't work. It's worked as a "stop the rot" formation but wow, how much better at 4-4-2 did we look? 

Our centre midfield is the best I've seen in a long time.

Was that David Amoo? Absolutely changed the game!

With an unbiased/competent ref we'd be in the draw for the next round 100%.

Archived