onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R1 Port Vale v Sunderland

Fosse69

Decent performance overall. Much improved once Amoo came on and we changed formation.  We didn’t get the rub if the green on numerous occasions, not only the officials but the run of the ball at times.  If I was being critical I’d say we were guilty of wasting too many decent chances, not hitting the target and working the keeper.

Advert

Can’t get promoted with a bench winger, development winger and a winger who plays on the edge of his own box.

no wingers

no chance

Change the formation and play to our strengths and fill in the gaps.

I've got used to losing matches I've been going long enough, but I'm getting sick to the back teeth of losing games to obvious poor refereeing decisions, over the 90 minutes Stone had very little to do other than the goal so a draw over the 90 minutes would have been fair, It's the feeling of being cheated that's frustrating.

13 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Not strictly related to the match itself, but what on earth were the stewards and police thinking just letting a random drunk bloke wander about the pitch and grab players? Not one of them showed any inclination to intervene or enter the pitch. If he'd had a knife (I know he didnt) it could have been a very different story. Perhaps if he'd been chanting anti-gay or islamaphobic comments they'd have rushed on with their riot batons?

Yeah it’s obviously PC gone mad innit 

26 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Not strictly related to the match itself, but what on earth were the stewards and police thinking just letting a random drunk bloke wander about the pitch and grab players? Not one of them showed any inclination to intervene or enter the pitch. If he'd had a knife (I know he didnt) it could have been a very different story. Perhaps if he'd been chanting anti-gay or islamaphobic comments they'd have rushed on with their riot batons?

Yes, a strange night.  Long queues for the few turnstiles that were open.  Turnstile operators on the quieter Railway Stand for some reason not being moved to the busier Paddock turnstiles.  A drunken pitch invader being completely ingnored by both stewards and police.  A partial floodlight failure, just as we seemed to be getting on top.  At least on the pitch we were treated to a little normality, by way of the usual poor match officials.

I think when it properly clicks we'll be a very decent side.

I was impressed with a lot of our players tonight but especially Proctor, Jones and Pett.

Two of those i wasnt really expecting much from either.

Penalty decision was an utter farce, thought we played really well second half and finished the game very unlucky not to have levelled.

Yes, a strange night.  Long queues for the few turnstiles that were open.  Turnstile operators on the quieter Railway Stand for some reason not being moved to the busier Paddock turnstiles.  A drunken pitch invader being completely ingnored by both stewards and police.  A partial floodlight failure, just as we seemed to be getting on top.  At least on the pitch we were treated to a little normality, by way of the usual poor match officials.
If I was Carol, I'd be having a meeting with the chief inspector first thing tomorrow and asking exactly what the money she is forced to pay every match day covers.

1 hour ago, soothsayer said:

No we didn’t!! Look up the match reports we played 4-3-3 in seven of those games and 3-4-3 in another.

Because I’m questioning my own sanity, and it’s important when considering the merits of formations… I went back to the sentinel reports.

The sky line ups are wrong… here is their line up for Exeter vs the sentinel write up which talks about them playing 352. If you watch the highlights clips Wozza is clearly playing RWB albeit we are doing a better job of him pushing up.

Baggers also mentions that we played the 352 in the previous 2 games… Crawley and Colchester. Sky incorrectly has the line up at 433 for those 2 games also.

So we did play 3 at the back through that run… so the fear of it being a leaky formation can be put to bed.

Better research needed Marra 😉

DD79C771-23B1-4F58-8228-163971AE1DA2.png

B85C7B3D-C99E-492F-B30C-5E7A2F3AEA6F.jpeg

4 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Because I’m questioning my own sanity, and it’s important when considering the merits of formations… I went back to the sentinel reports.

The sky line ups are wrong… here is their line up for Exeter vs the sentinel write up which talks about them playing 352. If you watch the highlights clips Wozza is clearly playing RWB albeit we are doing a better job of him pushing up.

Baggers also mentions that we played the 352 in the previous 2 games… Crawley and Colchester. Sky incorrectly has the line up at 433 for those 2 games also.

So we did play 3 at the back through that run… so the fear of it being a leaky formation can be put to bed.

During the winning streak we played almost exclusively three at the back. Smithy Legge Briz.  In the above game Wozzer was  defo RWB

Archived