onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R1 Port Vale v Sunderland

Fosse69

Advert

They worked really hard tonight. Certainly we deserved something from it.

After seeing that fight, spirit and some decent football, I remain optimistic. Even though we’ve got a tough start, I reckon the the first winning isn’t far off!

Amoo had a big impact when he came on. Really good to see him back. 

Referee was awful. We had to beat Sunderland and the ref tonight.

7 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Just back. Amazingly I posted how poor we were as Amoo was warming up. !! Miles better last half hour and more confident about Saturday. 

I could only listen.  Sounded a descent effort and we got the worse of the officials.  No way was that a pen, good keeping.  Amoo is a bit marmite but you could hear the "Amooo" when he came on.  The fans in the ground are obviously right behind him.

Brings that bit of possible magic.  Probably has to be used sparingly,  but good the faithful are behind the bloke.

More positives than negatives, despite the defeat.

Just got back in. Played ok first half, not great, didn’t deserve to be behind at half time. I’d like to see our disallowed goal again because it looked to me like their keeper just dropped the ball, but I wasn’t 100%. Second half when we switched to 442 we absolutely battered them, deserved a win easily. Impressed with Jones and Pett in particular but I thought everyone played fairly well.

Onto the referee. What an absolutely disgusting disgrace of a performance. A blind man could’ve seen the blatant handball in the first half that should’ve been a penalty for us. And as for the penalty he gave them, it is truly unbelievable. The whole of the railway stand could tell the keeper won the ball, I could see from 100 yards away. But somehow neither the ref nor the liner can. Beggars belief. As fans were singing at the end, it truly was 2-1 to the referee. Sadly, we all know he won’t get any punishment from the FA, and he’ll be rolled out next week to ruin another game.

6 minutes ago, Santa said:

I thought the lady liner was OK

She must have been on the Lorne St side. The joke in front of the Railway was worse than the ref IMO. Wilson gets clattered from the back goes down holding the back of his head and he’s six feet away. Doesn’t raise his flag and ref can’t see, so play on. I’m not sure if we should have had two penalties one in each half. First half handball, second half for a trip.

Id start with the team that finished Amoo really changed the game stretching them at the back. Wozza was brilliant certainly our best player and Benning crosses well and has some nice touches.

COYW

56 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

No we didn’t!! Look up the match reports we played 4-3-3 in seven of those games and 3-4-3 in another.

I think the thing that is tricking my memory is one thing DC did do in that run was change formations during the game a lot.

I have looked through the messages I was sending to a friend of mine who wasn’t watching the games and in quite a few he shifted to 3 at the back.

And I’m sure Legges resurgence came when he played in a back 3 with Smith and Brisley.

Hell what do I know… I can’t remember where I left my car keys half the time.

It’s is however why I wouldnt worry about playing it this season… if it needs changing, he will change it up. 

I wonder whether he will got 343 when Gibbo is fit and play him and Benning out wide. Means we can get Wozza up top but means one of Walker, Pett or Conlon misses out.

18 minutes ago, Santa said:

I thought the lady liner was OK

I thought she was dreadful, struggled to keep up with play, a number of offsides in the first half she got wrong.  In the second half, a couple of occasions she was waiting for the ref make the decision rather than flag herself.  I don't like to have a go at officials but all 3 were awful tonight.  Tonight for me proved that we are far better with 4 at the back and Worrall has to play further forward, we looked really dangerous once the subs were made and thought we deserved a penalty shoot out.

Not strictly related to the match itself, but what on earth were the stewards and police thinking just letting a random drunk bloke wander about the pitch and grab players? Not one of them showed any inclination to intervene or enter the pitch. If he'd had a knife (I know he didnt) it could have been a very different story. Perhaps if he'd been chanting anti-gay or islamaphobic comments they'd have rushed on with their riot batons?

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I think the thing that is tricking my memory is one thing DC did do in that run was change formations during the game a lot.

I have looked through the messages I was sending to a friend of mine who wasn’t at the games and in quite a few he shifted to 3 at the back.

And I’m sure Legges resurgence came when he played in a back 3 with Smith and Brisley.

It’s also why I wouldnt worry about playing it this season… if it needs changing, he will change it up. 

I wonder whether he will got 343 when Gibbo is fit and play him and Benning out wide. Means we can get Wozza up top but means one of Walker, Pett or Conlon misses out.

100% we were 3-5-2 during the winning run. Legge never played in a 2 under Clarke. 

Just now, Santa said:

Oh yeah that offside she missed in the first half was a bit of a shocker.  I’ll withdraw my previous remark. 

She was still better than the other two clowns though. 

I was right in line with her and I thought she got the offside calls right in the first half.  The one she missed was when the ball clearly went out for a goal kick on the opp side of the goal and they played on. 

Archived