onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R1 Port Vale v Sunderland

Fosse69

Decent half that. We look like a half decent team. I like the look of Proctor and Wilson, it could be a nice partnership. 

Jones has looked dynamic and with a little more care with the final cross we can get back into this game.

Advert

3 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I do think we’ll concede quite a few goals if he persists with 3-5-2 as there’s always a lot of space for opponents in the full back positions.

We only conceded 3 goals in a 9 game unbeaten run in which we won 8 of those games playing the same system last season.

Just now, MBE said:

Decent half that. We look like a half decent team. I like the look of Proctor and Wilson, it could be a nice partnership. 

Jones has looked dynamic and with a little more care with the final cross we can get back into this game.

I thought we looked decent up until they scored 

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Dont bother watching it then so many depressing people on here if your ready to write them off a game and a half in the season then save yourself the disappointment and go watch man city or something

Not sure why you’re being so aggressive? I’m just saying what I see, which I’m sure the vast majority will agree with. I’m not saying we’re getting relegated but can can only see a minor improvement on last season, when we have spent a fortune on 12 new players. It’s just depressing isn’t it?

Completely agree. Garrity impressed me too. We've played some lovely stuff at times. I'll say it now - this is a much better team than the last 4 seasons. Get the formation right and we're cooking

1 minute ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

Not sure why you’re being so aggressive? I’m just saying what I see, which I’m sure the vast majority will agree with. I’m not saying we’re getting relegated but can can only see a minor improvement on last season, when we have spent a fortune on 12 new players. It’s just depressing isn’t it?

You can only see minor improvement weve only played 135 minutes of football how can you create a judgement so fast the team needs time. This is already a better perfomance than Saturday so i think were moving in the right direction 

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

I thought we looked decent up until they scored 

Me too. I think we have played some nice stuff and created the best chances with Wilson and Worrall. Positive signs for sure. 

Just now, WilliamBriscoe said:

...when we have spent a fortune on 12 new players. It’s just depressing isn’t it?

a: No, we haven't - the 12 who've come in have probably cost less than the 16 who left?

b: No, it's not depressing - it's football! Wanting success doesn't necessarily mean we get it. 

4 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

Cheer up, poor man's Karl Pilkington.

How can you say how minor or not our improvement is right now after a game and a half of football and a few friendlies?!

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

People on here claim to support vale but do anything but support the team. Desperate to criticise anything. Why not actually trying getting behind the lads. I swear some people want us to do bad ahaha

I’ve supported Vale for a long time, and will do forever, but just worried that we are just not performing. It’s early doors and life being a vale fan for the past 20 years has been very difficult with lots of downs and not many ups.

3 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

...which I’m sure the vast majority will agree with. ..

Missed this little snippet, tucked away behind the veil of tears- I suspect "the vast majority" will not agree with you, and not certain how you come up with that? Two games into a new season and losing against a team who will probably finish top 10 in the League above us?

Just now, Beech said:

Cheer up, poor man's Karl Pilkington.

How can you say how minor or not our improvement is right now after a game and a half of football and a few friendlies?!

Ha, Karl. Made me smile at least.

You are right it’s early doors and there is a lot of football to play over the season.

6 minutes ago, MBE said:

Great to hear that Wilson and Proctor are gelling - thought they looked good at Chesterfield. 

11 minutes ago, WilliamBriscoe said:

Well we’re not quiet holding our own if we are 1-0 down and not really looking like we are going to score.

this happens in cup games. Big team defends and then hit on the break. These are too good to beat and I also can’t see is getting anything on Saturday either. Very depressing.

Depressing? It’s only the second game get a grip. 

Archived