onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R1 Port Vale v Sunderland

Fosse69

Tough League Cup game, spread match fitness around or consolidate with a forced change of keeper? Will Sunderland take it seriously? Early days with new players but we need to utilise Worrall and Conlon if we are going for a win. Would love a 3-1 win as in the 60s.

Advert

Sunderland will be too strong for us. I'd imagine they will win 2 nil or 2 1. I was hoping we would get a decent crowd in for this but by the looks of it it won't be. I thought Sunderland would bring a big following but not sure they will bring anymore than 500. Fans just don't seem bothered about cup games anymore. 

Shift swapped out so working Mon night and having match night off .

Really looking forwards to it first game back at Vale park  seems like a eternity to me since last went to  see a LIVE proper game v someone I already see we are predicted to lose too which is not as a fan who is expecting a surprise win and a lover of Vale wants be reading .

SO my team as I believe you have to have the right players on the pitch in the first place to even remotely give Sunderland a game so here it is feel free to disagree. 

Stone 

Cass Legge Johnson Benning 

Pett Walker 

Worrall     Conlon    Rodney 

Proctor .

Out go a few in come a few a leader in legge at the back always be the first name on my team sheet since he stopped being the leader and we have relied on Clarks favourite we have lost 3-0 to Mansfield and 1-0 to Northampton (you work out who is favourite is ). a right back who will comfortable on the ball in Cass who will link with Worrrall and give us threat on the right and a left back who will give us threat on the left in Benning .

Rodney is no striker but he is someone who should be moved around in two positions on the right to test the pace of left sided defender of the mackems and on the left where last season most of his good team play was occurring if at all so swap sides every now and again with Worrall .

Proctor comes in for me Wilson I wonder why he is as had so many clubs ,Proctor to hold it up we will probably not have the majority of the ball  we need to keep it when we do have chance move up the field on the occasions we have the ball .

Big game but if the players believe they are beaten before a balls kicked then that would be a terrible thing some worrying comments coming out the club like a room where the players families can be kept away if there dads had a poor game etc that would suggest to me that they have no belief in themselves,as a player you must always strive to play well ok at times you just do not but lets not have negative talk of how good Sunderland are in the dressing room let's big Vale up and tell every player this is it this is why your a professional get out there and do your name and the club a world of good .

Looking forwards to it lets get in  that hat  and that means we have played superbly and we have believed in ourselves .

UTV 

I must admit, I quite like the look of this starting 11 for Sunderland. I think it’s worth trying something that brings us more attacking options for this match. Even if it’s to just ‘have a look’ at how it pans out.

Even though he didn’t really get into the the game yesterday, I would start with Wilson.

With Saturdays home game that will make 3 games in a week and yes its the first week but cant imagine the same players will play all 3. Obviously want us to win every game but would prefer the 3 points on Saturday but thats not how it works. Would expect Dc to field a mix of players who started on Saturday and bench subs. Interesting to see if he sticks with the same formation, personally looking for a more joined up performance to take into the Tranmere game.

Guest Vale at home
10 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

With Saturdays home game that will make 3 games in a week and yes its the first week but cant imagine the same players will play all 3. Obviously want us to win every game but would prefer the 3 points on Saturday but thats not how it works. Would expect Dc to field a mix of players who started on Saturday and bench subs. Interesting to see if he sticks with the same formation, personally looking for a more joined up performance to take into the Tranmere game.

Well said. I agree . Come on the vale . 3 points please on Saturday . 

14 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Since we only have about 17 players available it will be pretty much the same squad as yesterday I expect. Bailey on the bench possibly.

Think it’s a good chance to tweak the team to look at different options. 

If he is staying with 3-5-2 I’d try the following: 

Stone

Cass   Legge  Jones

Worrall      Pett    Walker    Benning

Conlon

Proctor  Rodney 

Think Rodney could work well with a target man. Also, think Proctor holding it up allows our wingbacks to get forward. P.S Not writing Wilson off.   

I was hugely sceptical or Proctor as a signing. But what I've seen of him he's been pretty good. The problem with dropping Wilson would be, it might look like punishment for THAT miss. Which for me was a bit of the luck of the draw thing. 

Put an arm around his shoulder and say we are resting him for Tranmere

We have to try and win surely?  Maybe give 4-4-2 a go and see how it goes?

Stone

Cass Smith Legge  Benning

Worrall  Walker Conlon Hurst

Proctor  Rodders

Give Hurst a full 90, see what he can do.

Archived