radio joke

geoff1

9 hours ago, gags 64 said:

Didn't listen to the whole game but caught the last 20 minutes of the first half. Couldn't believe how negative Bowers and Sproson were. Granted it sounded like they were having the better of the game but some of their comments were laughable. Stick to telling us where the ball is on the pitch and keep your opinions for talk shows

I prefer them to tell it how it is for those of us who arent there to watch. One Phil played for the club and the other is an avid Vale fan. Im sure both would love to be telling the listeners how brilliant we were playing . However the first half we were dire and got battered, if you read the match thread you will struggle to find anyone who said otherwise.

• Like 3

On 21/08/2021 at 14:37, philmpv said:

Why can't RS settle on 1 channel for each club prior to the start of the season and stick with it? After being on Freeview only on Tuesday, we're on DAB today. Surely it would make more sense to stick with 1 channel for each club to allow the fans to buy what they need (if they haven't already got it) knowing that they'll be able to listen to every game if they want to

They have settled for 1 channel 1 club.It's FM for Stoke every game be it home or away.Vale & Crewe are juggled about between DAB & Freeview.Not everyone has DAB o0 Freeview.So a very simple,easy & logical way would be for FM be used for an away match.That way the fans of which ever team are playing away and cant get to the game for whatever reason.Have a decent chance of listening to the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/08/2021 at 22:42, Vale at home said:

I do agree . How do I get  freeview on the Radio .  For goodness sake . Radio joke as alway been a joke ..and always put stoke city football club first . How come you can go to Crewe . But not to Burslem.  Very very biased. 

Without being biased, that’s because Stoke city fc are the biggest club and easily have the largest fan base in Stoke-on-Trent.

21 hours ago, Owen Holdcroft said:

Without being biased, that’s because Stoke city fc are the biggest club and easily have the largest fan base in Stoke-on-Trent.

In who’s eyes are they bigger than the vale knuckle dragger !!!! 

21 hours ago, Owen Holdcroft said:

That should be "bigger" and "larger".  Hope this helps.

• Like 4

Holdcroft  obviously a knuckle dragging <ovf censored> troll who probably knocks one out when ever he here’s radio stripes no 1 pundit Angela smith, marvellous Mike Pejic or any other muppet  who works for radio lard. Bless  !!! 

• Like 2

I like watching the Vale on iFollow, but I think that Phil Bowers should make it as easy and clear as possible to get it across for radio listeners. There are times when he drifts away from it for a minute or two. That’s a long time when someone is listening. For me, Blakeman is very good . Crisp and sharp. Phil Sproson sounds weary , but he does speak his mind . Standards have dropped in the modern game and he sees that . Crewe should never be on the radio . They’re not a Staffordshire club. McGarry, Angela Smith 🤮, Sandos, Pejic etc should all be consigned to the scrap heap. Truly awful. 

Edited by Houston Valiant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Houston Valiant said:

I like watching the Vale on iFollow, but I think that Phil Bowers should make it as easy and clear as possible to get it across for radio listeners. There are times when he drifts away from it for a minute or two. That’s a long time when someone is listening.

That was an issue we raised last year when we were having to watch all the games on iFollow with Radio Stoke commentary.  We could see what was happening but anyone dependent on radio commentary would have spells in the game when they had no idea what was happening on the pitch because the commentators - and Phil was the worst culprit for this - were talking about something completely different. 

I'm sure at one time there was talk of a Radio Cheshire being set up and buggering Crewe off to that which would have been brilliant.  The problem is Cheshire as a county falls in the middle of about 2 or 3 different BBC stations(namely Manc and Stoke) and I suspect Merseyside covers Chester City(could be wrong?). So their clubs will always play 2nd fiddle to the bigger supported clubs in those areas.

I don't know how feasible it is but perhaps the Ale and Vale guys would fancy doing a live phone in podcast after matchdays for Vale fans? It's something I would listen to over RS a million times over. I know you would miss the interviews with the players and manager but it would be much better than listening to the durge that is Carl talking nonsense. 

Edited by Emile

On 24/08/2021 at 20:31, melv said:

They have settled for 1 channel 1 club.It's FM for Stoke every game be it home or away.Vale & Crewe are juggled about between DAB & Freeview.Not everyone has DAB o0 Freeview.So a very simple,easy & logical way would be for FM be used for an away match.That way the fans of which ever team are playing away and cant get to the game for whatever reason.Have a decent chance of listening to the game.

Like I said a few weeks ago melv,it was pointless turning P&G on until 17.30.Now it seems I don't need to bother until 17.50 to hear about the Vale.

Biased or what?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Emile said:

I don't know how feasible it is but perhaps the Ale and Vale guys would fancy doing a live phone in podcast after matchdays for Vale fans? It's something I would listen to over RS a million times over. I know you would miss the interviews with the players and manager but it would be much better than listening to the durge that is Carl talking nonsense. 

Hmmm, that's a very interesting idea. I'm not sure what the A&V guys think about this, but if they don't have the time to do it, I'd be tempted to try something like this through OVF.

I guess it would have to be a live Zoom conference call with a moderator but I can't see it being a massive issue.

I'd be quite keen to see how easy it is so would a few of you be interested in helping with a test call?

If so, please send me a private message. I'd like to just see how it works with queueing comments, muting people and so on... 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

The Crewe stuff is now becoming more prevalent than the Vale. For example the Artell interview was painful on Saturday because of the long winded questions that dragged the whole thing on. 

Last season the amount of Crewe talk when I turned ifollow on at 2.45 ish was daft. The pair of them just seemed to drone on and on forever. I was half expecting the Alex players to run out of the tunnel.

1 hour ago, robf said:

Hmmm, that's a very interesting idea. I'm not sure what the A&V guys think about this, but if they don't have the time to do it, I'd be tempted to try something like this through OVF.

I guess it would have to be a live Zoom conference call with a moderator but I can't see it being a massive issue.

I'd be quite keen to see how easy it is so would a few of you be interested in helping with a test call?

If so, please send me a private message. I'd like to just see how it works with queueing comments, muting people and so on... 

Hey Rob - happy to jump in - will send you a PM later on today.

Another option would be twitch although not actually used it myself so it might be too tech savvy to happen. I think it makes sense to move away from RS where at all possible.