Jump to content

radio joke


geoff1
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does anybody else believe that not one Vale fan has called in by 5.25, as has just been claimed?
Yes probably. The prize bullies on FM. Most folk won't buy a new radio to listen to Vale so probably just haven't bothered with any of it. Seems backwards.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The funniest comment tonight was when that Becky said that Bryn was pragmatic and doesn’t let his emotions get the best of him!

Is this the same Bryn who was crying his eyes out on the radio a few years ago when they were going down?

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't listen to the whole game but caught the last 20 minutes of the first half. Couldn't believe how negative Bowers and Sproson were. Granted it sounded like they were having the better of the game but some of their comments were laughable. Stick to telling us where the ball is on the pitch and keep your opinions for talk shows

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gags 64 said:

Didn't listen to the whole game but caught the last 20 minutes of the first half. Couldn't believe how negative Bowers and Sproson were. Granted it sounded like they were having the better of the game but some of their comments were laughable. Stick to telling us where the ball is on the pitch and keep your opinions for talk shows

I didn’t listen, but as negative as they may have been, our goal aside, I don’t believe they could’ve found much else to be positive about in that first half.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

The funniest comment tonight was when that Becky said that Bryn was pragmatic and doesn’t let his emotions get the best of him!

Is this the same Bryn who was crying his eyes out on the radio a few years ago when they were going down?

He may be on a contract?Ask him a question and away he goes,gives Pej and Sandoz a ten minute coffee break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sproson, McGarry, Blakeman and bloody Angela Smith droning on non stop. Pub team in Cheshire on DAB with Vale relegated to freeview last week. Is it now as bad as it's ever been?

I thought the best commentary last season was when the usual lot couldn't broadcast because of COVID restrictions or something and they brought in a freelancer/a bloke from another station to cover a game. He was excellent. 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Doha said:

I thought the best commentary last season was when the usual lot couldn't broadcast because of COVID restrictions or something and they brought in a freelancer/a bloke from another station to cover a game. He was excellent. 

I thought he was new. That's a shame if he was only a temporary stand in

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole presentation is encapsulated by angela Smith's voice -monotonous. Same callers, repetitious interviews and smug hosting. Blakeman still sounds like a schoolboy who's won a kid's competition to get on the radio for a day. I listen less and less each week,the only hilarious part is when Downbeat Dave talks about his crwho? team,his monosyllabic answers and world weary delivery make Jack Dee sound like Mr Enthusiasm,true post modern comedy.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Doha said:

Sproson, McGarry, Blakeman and bloody Angela Smith droning on non stop. Pub team in Cheshire on DAB with Vale relegated to freeview last week It as bad as it's ever been?

I thought the best commentary last season was when the usual lot couldn't broadcast because of COVID restrictions or something and they brought in a freelancer/a bloke from another station to cover a game. He was excellent. 

I’m really sick of Sproson now, with his incredible bias because of his position as an agent, and clearly not being prepared like the Martin incident today. Ray Williams got some stick but he’s miles clear of Sproson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I’m really sick of Sproson now, with his incredible bias because of his position as an agent, and clearly not being prepared like the Martin incident today. Ray Williams got some stick but he’s miles clear of Sproson. 

I went yesterday so haven't heard the comments from Sproson. 

As with a lot of people on here who knows bits and bobs about football Aaron Martin was a player I knew of 

The fact that a football agent and commentator doesn't is frankly incredible. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear Carol had said Radio Stokes contract was up for renewal this summer just gone. Might have been a good time to bring up a few issues with their coverage especially Sproson and his agenda.

Would rather they just have Yatesy on a permanent basis. He’s always objective on what is going on good or bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

The funniest comment tonight was when that Becky said that Bryn was pragmatic and doesn’t let his emotions get the best of him!

Is this the same Bryn who was crying his eyes out on the radio a few years ago when they were going down?

Where's deluded Jimmy got to- I've not heard him in a while.

Have to agree about the comments about Angela Smith and negative Sproson. Always a hard listen. Why is Angela Smith still doing it anyway? Since when did she work for the BBC? Does anyone know why Ray hasn't been on for a while? Also does anyone know how Mick Cullerton is? He was a top summariser before he had to give it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really sick of Sproson now, with his incredible bias because of his position as an agent, and clearly not being prepared like the Martin incident today. Ray Williams got some stick but he’s miles clear of Sproson. 
Both need salt and vinegar for the chips on their shoulders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ginge said:

Where's deluded Jimmy got to- I've not heard him in a while.

Have to agree about the comments about Angela Smith and negative Sproson. Always a hard listen. Why is Angela Smith still doing it anyway? Since when did she work for the BBC? Does anyone know why Ray hasn't been on for a while? Also does anyone know how Mick Cullerton is? He was a top summariser before he had to give it up. 

I think Ray implied there was some dispute with the management or something along those lines. He just felt underappreciated or that it generally wasn't worth his time doing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...