onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

radio joke

geoff1

I don't know how feasible it is but perhaps the Ale and Vale guys would fancy doing a live phone in podcast after matchdays for Vale fans? It's something I would listen to over RS a million times over. I know you would miss the interviews with the players and manager but it would be much better than listening to the durge that is Carl talking nonsense. 

Advert

On 24/08/2021 at 20:31, melv said:

They have settled for 1 channel 1 club.It's FM for Stoke every game be it home or away.Vale & Crewe are juggled about between DAB & Freeview.Not everyone has DAB o0 Freeview.So a very simple,easy & logical way would be for FM be used for an away match.That way the fans of which ever team are playing away and cant get to the game for whatever reason.Have a decent chance of listening to the game.

Like I said a few weeks ago melv,it was pointless turning P&G on until 17.30.Now it seems I don't need to bother until 17.50 to hear about the Vale.

Biased or what?

51 minutes ago, Emile said:

I don't know how feasible it is but perhaps the Ale and Vale guys would fancy doing a live phone in podcast after matchdays for Vale fans? It's something I would listen to over RS a million times over. I know you would miss the interviews with the players and manager but it would be much better than listening to the durge that is Carl talking nonsense. 

Hmmm, that's a very interesting idea. I'm not sure what the A&V guys think about this, but if they don't have the time to do it, I'd be tempted to try something like this through OVF.

I guess it would have to be a live Zoom conference call with a moderator but I can't see it being a massive issue.

I'd be quite keen to see how easy it is so would a few of you be interested in helping with a test call?

If so, please send me a private message. I'd like to just see how it works with queueing comments, muting people and so on... 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

The Crewe stuff is now becoming more prevalent than the Vale. For example the Artell interview was painful on Saturday because of the long winded questions that dragged the whole thing on. 

Last season the amount of Crewe talk when I turned ifollow on at 2.45 ish was daft. The pair of them just seemed to drone on and on forever. I was half expecting the Alex players to run out of the tunnel.

1 hour ago, robf said:

Hmmm, that's a very interesting idea. I'm not sure what the A&V guys think about this, but if they don't have the time to do it, I'd be tempted to try something like this through OVF.

I guess it would have to be a live Zoom conference call with a moderator but I can't see it being a massive issue.

I'd be quite keen to see how easy it is so would a few of you be interested in helping with a test call?

If so, please send me a private message. I'd like to just see how it works with queueing comments, muting people and so on... 

Hey Rob - happy to jump in - will send you a PM later on today.

Another option would be twitch although not actually used it myself so it might be too tech savvy to happen. I think it makes sense to move away from RS where at all possible.

On 21/08/2021 at 17:25, philmpv said:

Does anybody else believe that not one Vale fan has called in by 5.25, as has just been claimed?

I know that isn't true as a couple of years ago I rang in and was told I would get a call back. Meanwhile they were saying 'not one Vale has rung in'. And no , they didn't ring me and I've never bothered since.

I don't live local and so I don't really know who does what. But the editor controlling commentary who went away from the kick off at Harrogate last season for some stupid commentary elsewhere ruined an historic moment for me with the first female referee. All credibility lost. 

But coming back to games at Vale Park, the commentary position is about the worst place to be in the stadium. They are faced with driving a car with steamed up windows at night on an unlit road. Pretty hopeless situation, and of course the club are partly to blame for that, maybe wholly to blame.

13 hours ago, Warren said:

I don't live local and so I don't really know who does what. But the editor controlling commentary who went away from the kick off at Harrogate last season for some stupid commentary elsewhere ruined an historic moment for me with the first female referee. All credibility lost. 

But coming back to games at Vale Park, the commentary position is about the worst place to be in the stadium. They are faced with driving a car with steamed up windows at night on an unlit road. Pretty hopeless situation, and of course the club are partly to blame for that, maybe wholly to blame.

I wouldn't have said that as I sit two rows in front. I don't have a problem with seeing the action and don't know why they should. As far as I know they're not complaining?

13 hours ago, Warren said:

Absolutely agree it's a ridiculous location. I seem to recall it's basically cost-cutting by a previous board. The obvious place would be up near the Presidents seating, in a secure area where they won't have fans walking in front of them and where they can get a clearer view of the action from higher up. I guess the problem is that there's a lot of equipment put in that block for the journalists so it will be complex and possibly pricey to relocate it all. 

1 minute ago, robf said:

Absolutely agree it's a ridiculous location. I seem to recall it's basically cost-cutting by a previous board. The obvious place would be up near the Presidents seating, in a secure area where they won't have fans walking in front of them and where they can get a clearer view of the action from higher up. I guess the problem is that there's a lot of equipment put in that block for the journalists so it will be complex and possibly pricey to relocate it all. 

As far as I know Rob, they're not asking for it and I don't think it's a problem with the view as much as with the commentators - they do have a tendency to drift off into flights of fancy when (in their view) there's not much going on.

For me @heatwave it's about professionalism and perception as well though. We've seen the efforts under the owners to reinvigorate the club through non-tangible projects - things like the nostalgic images on the club shop, the painting of the stand metalwork etc. None of those bring in any extra money but they all help create the impression of a professional, well run club with pride in itself.

I think it has to be a similar approach with the media. We all hope Vale will be a success and if they are they will come to the attention of the national media. What are they going to think about being plonked at the back of a home stand among the fans. What if... heaven forbid... one of the fans ever decides to confront them because (stewards apart) there's next to no segregation.

I think a professional club needs a professional, self-contained media area, away from the fans and with modern equipment and good sightlines. We want the national media to be welcomed, to notice how well the club is run and to tell people about it.

Sorting it out is NOT going to bring any more money in, it is an additional expense and the priority should always be success on the pitch first, but I do think that in the long-term relocating that press area should be something that's done. It's a small thing in the grand scheme of things but all these little things do have a tendency to add up to give you an overall impression of a football club.

Archived