onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

radio joke

geoff1

I swear Carol had said Radio Stokes contract was up for renewal this summer just gone. Might have been a good time to bring up a few issues with their coverage especially Sproson and his agenda.

Would rather they just have Yatesy on a permanent basis. He’s always objective on what is going on good or bad.

Advert

21 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

The funniest comment tonight was when that Becky said that Bryn was pragmatic and doesn’t let his emotions get the best of him!

Is this the same Bryn who was crying his eyes out on the radio a few years ago when they were going down?

Where's deluded Jimmy got to- I've not heard him in a while.

Have to agree about the comments about Angela Smith and negative Sproson. Always a hard listen. Why is Angela Smith still doing it anyway? Since when did she work for the BBC? Does anyone know why Ray hasn't been on for a while? Also does anyone know how Mick Cullerton is? He was a top summariser before he had to give it up. 

I’m really sick of Sproson now, with his incredible bias because of his position as an agent, and clearly not being prepared like the Martin incident today. Ray Williams got some stick but he’s miles clear of Sproson. 
Both need salt and vinegar for the chips on their shoulders

2 hours ago, ginge said:

Where's deluded Jimmy got to- I've not heard him in a while.

Have to agree about the comments about Angela Smith and negative Sproson. Always a hard listen. Why is Angela Smith still doing it anyway? Since when did she work for the BBC? Does anyone know why Ray hasn't been on for a while? Also does anyone know how Mick Cullerton is? He was a top summariser before he had to give it up. 

I think Ray implied there was some dispute with the management or something along those lines. He just felt underappreciated or that it generally wasn't worth his time doing it.

9 hours ago, gags 64 said:

Didn't listen to the whole game but caught the last 20 minutes of the first half. Couldn't believe how negative Bowers and Sproson were. Granted it sounded like they were having the better of the game but some of their comments were laughable. Stick to telling us where the ball is on the pitch and keep your opinions for talk shows

I prefer them to tell it how it is for those of us who arent there to watch. One Phil played for the club and the other is an avid Vale fan. Im sure both would love to be telling the listeners how brilliant we were playing . However the first half we were dire and got battered, if you read the match thread you will struggle to find anyone who said otherwise.

On 21/08/2021 at 14:37, philmpv said:

Why can't RS settle on 1 channel for each club prior to the start of the season and stick with it? After being on Freeview only on Tuesday, we're on DAB today. Surely it would make more sense to stick with 1 channel for each club to allow the fans to buy what they need (if they haven't already got it) knowing that they'll be able to listen to every game if they want to

They have settled for 1 channel 1 club.It's FM for Stoke every game be it home or away.Vale & Crewe are juggled about between DAB & Freeview.Not everyone has DAB o0 Freeview.So a very simple,easy & logical way would be for FM be used for an away match.That way the fans of which ever team are playing away and cant get to the game for whatever reason.Have a decent chance of listening to the game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/08/2021 at 22:42, Vale at home said:

I do agree . How do I get  freeview on the Radio .  For goodness sake . Radio joke as alway been a joke ..and always put stoke city football club first . How come you can go to Crewe . But not to Burslem.  Very very biased. 

Without being biased, that’s because Stoke city fc are the biggest club and easily have the largest fan base in Stoke-on-Trent.

I like watching the Vale on iFollow, but I think that Phil Bowers should make it as easy and clear as possible to get it across for radio listeners. There are times when he drifts away from it for a minute or two. That’s a long time when someone is listening. For me, Blakeman is very good . Crisp and sharp. Phil Sproson sounds weary , but he does speak his mind . Standards have dropped in the modern game and he sees that . Crewe should never be on the radio . They’re not a Staffordshire club. McGarry, Angela Smith 🤮, Sandos, Pejic etc should all be consigned to the scrap heap. Truly awful. 

1 hour ago, Houston Valiant said:

I like watching the Vale on iFollow, but I think that Phil Bowers should make it as easy and clear as possible to get it across for radio listeners. There are times when he drifts away from it for a minute or two. That’s a long time when someone is listening.

That was an issue we raised last year when we were having to watch all the games on iFollow with Radio Stoke commentary.  We could see what was happening but anyone dependent on radio commentary would have spells in the game when they had no idea what was happening on the pitch because the commentators - and Phil was the worst culprit for this - were talking about something completely different. 

I'm sure at one time there was talk of a Radio Cheshire being set up and buggering Crewe off to that which would have been brilliant.  The problem is Cheshire as a county falls in the middle of about 2 or 3 different BBC stations(namely Manc and Stoke) and I suspect Merseyside covers Chester City(could be wrong?). So their clubs will always play 2nd fiddle to the bigger supported clubs in those areas.

Archived