onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

radio joke

geoff1

Just to add my own thoughts to the radio stoke debate, why do vale have one commentator and summariser each match, but stoke always have two  commentators ( often blakeman and Nigel Johnson ) they do half of each half each and they also have summariser ( usually ex player) and also that woman Angela Smith ,does my bbc license fee pay all of these or are some of them voluntarily at the games? And on another note the lad summarising at Newport for the vale game from the podcast did a wonderful job ,give me a vale fan with knowledge of the game over Yates , sproey , birchall anyday 

Advert

41 minutes ago, bertiepee said:

Just to add my own thoughts to the radio stoke debate, why do vale have one commentator and summariser each match, but stoke always have two  commentators ( often blakeman and Nigel Johnson ) they do half of each half each and they also have summariser ( usually ex player) and also that woman Angela Smith ,does my bbc license fee pay all of these or are some of them voluntarily at the games? And on another note the lad summarising at Newport for the vale game from the podcast did a wonderful job ,give me a vale fan with knowledge of the game over Yates , sproey , birchall anyday 

I personally like Yates on the radio but thank you I appreciate the nice words. I enjoyed doing the commentary with Phil who I also think does a great job on there. 

30 minutes ago, bertiepee said:

The BBC waste a lot of licence fee money on unnecessary presenters in my opinion, I don't understand why it takes two or more to present any programme, so I'm not surprised the BBC and Radio Stoke have so many giving their opinions and I doubt they do it voluntarily.

Stoke friends of mine also moan about the coverage, not the amount but the lady who used to play squash droning on and on straight after a game.

The lad from the podcast was superb, more of the same please.

I like the Radio Stoke commentary, both Bowers and Blakeman paint a good picture of the game which is important when there's no video, the summarizers are good also, Danny Beresford did a good job Saturday.

The guy who was on RS at Burton for the FA Cup game I thought  was aweful, I had no idea where the play was on the pitch.

My wife was pissed off with the coverage  on Ifollow! For some reason it would not switch over to the commentary from radio Stoke. The dudes from Newport were saying that the crime rate is hie in stoke that is why there was some trouble in the crowd. Witch my wife did not see on the stream and they all so said that players from Vale are not  used to playing any one with skill. I had stoke on the radio in my headphones and Bezer did a grate job so thanks for that mate. I all so think that phill does a good job. I know some of you don't like the stuff on radio stoke but as a blind person  I am so very grateful for it.

On 10/12/2021 at 21:27, rider1308 said:

We need our own station for commentary/ phone in’s. Is George Andrews still around, if so who’s he working for ? 

Not sure of the legalities...and never mind George Andrews...would it be beyond the Vale to set up their own radio station, based in Vale Park? Vale Community Radio? Which could give airtime to any number of community projects, and existing community radios. plus guarantee Vale coverage for every game, and news being dropped in through the week? Maybe Ale and Vale podcast could use this? Just a thought  from someone who got pissed off with Radio <ovf censored> decades ago! 

On 11/12/2021 at 14:37, Vale1995 said:

37 mins into pre match build up and next to 0 coverage of the vale game, shocking really

This season I've haven't been tuning in to P&G until 17.45.There was no point because I didn't want to hear about the other two local teams.After last Saturdays farce I've decided it's not worth listening at all.

Archived