onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale v Sunderland Carabao Cup first round TICKETS

Breadwinner

Vale's "tinpot operation" has always been personal perspective, I've never had a problem buying tickets or merch over the phone or internet. A huge club like Sunderland - probably 5x the supporter base, and having spent such a long time in the top 2 tiers - you would expect things to go flawlessly? The Vale, however, having only adopted a more professional outlook since the Shanahans took it over, has left much of its amateurishness behind...yet, every transfer window, i guarantee someone will "hope the fax machine's working"...will hope we "don't rely on Sproson's players" and will "hope someone gets their fingers out and gets the new kits into the shop" - why? - because it's easier to knock the Vale, rather than acknowledge that there is reform in progress, but...due to the odd circumstances over the last 18 months and the shoddy running of the club over the past 20 (?) years, and the facts of being only human, and so much and many things that needed to be addressed, there ought to be acceptance that not everything will get done, or will get done but not as timely as some people would like? It's just easier to knock the Vale!

Advert

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Does it say anywhere how their ticket sales are going(sunderland) as dont they usually travel in numbers whatever the distance? For the first competitive match back at Vale in around 18mths i am hoping the gate surprises us,i for one cannot wait,me and my lad will be there 🙂 

Yes but we thought that in the FA cup and their following was extremely underwhelming , maybe 800 at most and that wasn't a night match . 

Sunderland brought more than 800 for that fa cup game. Pretty sure it was around 1600 someone like Jean or Eddie Jackson will probably know the exact figure. My mates who sit in the bycars has said the bycars isn't open for this game but vale haven't put anything online to say that stand is shut. If it is closed then I presume there not expecting a good crowd for this game.

Sunderland brought more than 800 for that fa cup game. Pretty sure it was around 1600 someone like Jean or Eddie Jackson will probably know the exact figure. My mates who sit in the bycars has said the bycars isn't open for this game but vale haven't put anything online to say that stand is shut. If it is closed then I presume there not expecting a good crowd for this game.
They could shut the Bycars for any of our games and it wouldn't restrict the number who could attend. Just looking to save costs slightly I would imagine

29 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Yes I was way out, it was 1615 . So my bog eyes nowhere near. 

There's no official confirmation of Bycars being closed but if you go on the online ticket portal there is no option to buy for the Bycars. So looks like your mates are correct. 

I went to see Rapid Vienna play in the Europa league last night. Although its different in Austria and we are used to showing our vaccination pass or negative text to enter buildings this was another level - they needed to see ID that matched the ticket name and the vaccination certificate to get in.

It took 30 seconds and then we were in with no masks and 11k fan - most of which were behind the goal 

Great to be back at football, wish I could be there tomorrow! 

12 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Only issue i have would be that i have lost my little card so would need to get the proof on my phone if we have to show it but i haven't seen anything about it since it was first mentioned

NHS App (not the NHS Covid App), download that and register on it and you can access the Vax certification there.

The days of a juicy tie v Ipswich in the league cup with an electric atmosphere have gone. I doubt many Sunderland fans will give a fudge about this, and I fancy them to play a weakened team. I wreckon about 300 Sunderland fans will make it. We may just pull off a shock if we play a strong side. It's a free hit and we have nothing to lose.

On 04/08/2021 at 12:32, darren1810 said:

Yes I was way out, it was 1615 . So my bog eyes nowhere near. 

There's no official confirmation of Bycars being closed but if you go on the online ticket portal there is no option to buy for the Bycars. So looks like your mates are correct. 

I asked for a ticket for the Bycars and was told the Bycars isn’t open for this game so I’ve ended up in the Railway.

I know the covid restrictions have been relaxed, but surely with social distancing in mind, it would have made sense to open it.

Archived