Port Vale v Sunderland Carabao Cup first round TICKETS

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It's not Vale's fault that the Sunderland ticket office can't run a piss up in a brewery.  Who'd have thought that they would have to get their season tickets out before Saturday - how much notice have they had of that??

Mass isolations Jean, not their fault. 

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Mass isolations Jean, not their fault. 

And it's certainly not Vale's fault?  But they are saying they can't sell Vale tickets not because of the isolations but because the staff who left are there are having to send out season tickets.  Surely they knew that this would be required by 7 August because the fixtures came out months ago?  Is it because no one else in Sunderland can work a computer??

Edited by Jacko51

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

And it's certainly not Vale's fault?  But they are saying they can't sell Vale tickets not because of the isolations but because the staff who left are there are having to send out season tickets.  Surely they knew that this would be required by 7 August because the fixtures came out months ago?  Is it because no one else in Sunderland can work a computer??

Maybe our outstanding ticket office should give them training in customer care? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

It's not Vale's fault that the Sunderland ticket office can't run a piss up in a brewery.  Who'd have thought that they would have to get their season tickets out before Saturday - how much notice have they had of that??

A right Vaux up.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Your love for the Mackems is really strong🤔🤣😂😂😂😂😂

6 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I think our opening league game is perfect. I expect Tranmere to bring at least 1200, didn't they bring about 800 for a night match a couple of years ago when Norwood did us. 

I'm expecting 4000 v Sunderland and heading towards the 6000 mark for Tranmere .

Sunderland is a Brucie bonus if we get through excellent but it not it's not a great disaster. 

Does it say anywhere how their ticket sales are going(sunderland) as dont they usually travel in numbers whatever the distance? For the first competitive match back at Vale in around 18mths i am hoping the gate surprises us,i for one cannot wait,me and my lad will be there 🙂 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

It's just easier to belittle the Vale!

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Back in the day Fred this was always the curtain raiser before the league even started.  

2 legged affairs and some regular defeats for us including one from 4-0 up against Hereford if my memory isn't playing tricks. 

4-0 up against Hereford , my wife’s first ever Vale game , got to have been impressed , NO she even moaned then .🤬

Edited by aspin for england
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

It's just easier to belittle the Vale!

Sunderland being bad does not mean Vale's ticket office incompetencies, and subsequent loss of revenue, can also not be criticised as the tinpot operation it has always been.

Hopefully sense is seen and either online purchases are allowed, or pay on the day. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Vale's "tinpot operation" has always been personal perspective, I've never had a problem buying tickets or merch over the phone or internet. A huge club like Sunderland - probably 5x the supporter base, and having spent such a long time in the top 2 tiers - you would expect things to go flawlessly? The Vale, however, having only adopted a more professional outlook since the Shanahans took it over, has left much of its amateurishness behind...yet, every transfer window, i guarantee someone will "hope the fax machine's working"...will hope we "don't rely on Sproson's players" and will "hope someone gets their fingers out and gets the new kits into the shop" - why? - because it's easier to knock the Vale, rather than acknowledge that there is reform in progress, but...due to the odd circumstances over the last 18 months and the shoddy running of the club over the past 20 (?) years, and the facts of being only human, and so much and many things that needed to be addressed, there ought to be acceptance that not everything will get done, or will get done but not as timely as some people would like? It's just easier to knock the Vale!

Edited by LancyTony
Spelling
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Does it say anywhere how their ticket sales are going(sunderland) as dont they usually travel in numbers whatever the distance? For the first competitive match back at Vale in around 18mths i am hoping the gate surprises us,i for one cannot wait,me and my lad will be there 🙂 

Yes but we thought that in the FA cup and their following was extremely underwhelming , maybe 800 at most and that wasn't a night match . 

32 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yes but we thought that in the FA cup and their following was extremely underwhelming , maybe 800 at most and that wasn't a night match . 

800 wasn't too bad for a match on a Sunday lunchtime that was on tele.

Sunderland brought more than 800 for that fa cup game. Pretty sure it was around 1600 someone like Jean or Eddie Jackson will probably know the exact figure. My mates who sit in the bycars has said the bycars isn't open for this game but vale haven't put anything online to say that stand is shut. If it is closed then I presume there not expecting a good crowd for this game.

• Fosse69 changed the title to Port Vale v Sunderland Carabao Cup first round TICKETS