onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale v Sunderland Carabao Cup first round TICKETS

Breadwinner

First game LIVE at Vale for me since a 2 -2 draw with Scunthorpe a long long time ago 

Bringing me son me nephew and a newbie my ladies son who ain't that interested in football but at 6 quid for under 21s he may aswell come along see if he can catch  the bug of enjoying a few hrs in the company of legends ,not me the players I'm on about and see hopefully a terrific atmosphere for our first home game of the season against who i feel will a top six league one outfit under the impressive ex Bristol City (who reached the semi finals one year )manager Johnson .

Really looking forwards to it hope we getting a fair few from Sunderland coming in fact I hope they sell all the away allocation out at them prices ,mind you it's a fair journey for a tues night match but undoubtedly in my mind this is the biggest game of the season .

Let's get right into them and hopefully progress 

UTV 

Advert

Personally I think it detracts from your first home league gate.
Let's say Tranmere are at home first game, then home in the cup on the Tuesday, fans Mayne reluctant to come Vale on the Saturday due to sheer cost.
It's just my opinion bud.
I get what you're saying mate. In normal times I don't think it would make much difference but after a whole season with no fans, I think you may be right this year. That said, we'll probably get a bigger crowd than usual for this one (i will be going and usually avoid cup games) so may even itself out

I think our opening league game is perfect. I expect Tranmere to bring at least 1200, didn't they bring about 800 for a night match a couple of years ago when Norwood did us. 

I'm expecting 4000 v Sunderland and heading towards the 6000 mark for Tranmere .

Sunderland is a Brucie bonus if we get through excellent but it not it's not a great disaster. 

2 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

It annoys me that this game is played before we have had a home league game.
It's the same for all teams obviously but I do think each team should have at least one home league game BEFORE any cup game.

In a way you are right but  about 4478 season tickets sold so Tranmeres going be a belter of a first home game if they bring there usual 1000 plus and let's face it if it was 4-3 to Vale instead of them then last seasons game would be remembered in a great way as there were goals galore in that game what better way to start our home campaign with smashing both Sunderland and Tranmere itwill create the right buzz. 

Over to the players to do just that and lets home those young uns who are only going cause its a cheap night out as up to the age of 21 there's plenty out there get the bug from this opening home fixture and come,enjoy what they have seen and want to continue to come that means the players did a very good job .

HERES Hoping 

UTV 

Sunderland fans now have to buy their tickets through Vale as their ticket office has had isolations + are getting ST cards out.

So that means Sunderland, a well-followed club, have to ring the Vale's ticket office to obtain tickets for their first competitive away fixture since fans were allowed back into stadiums.

This is Vale's 'one person on the phones, no hold system, just keeping ringing back because everyone has hours to waste ringing a League 2 football club's ticket office'.

I can't see an option for online purchases, which would be eminently sensible for a lowkey game like this. What's the risk? Email them a QR code. Sorted. Money in the coffers.

Good luck lads. 

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Sunderland fans now have to buy their tickets through Vale as their ticket office has had isolations + are getting ST cards out.

So that means Sunderland, a well-followed club, have to ring the Vale's ticket office to obtain tickets for their first competitive away fixture since fans were allowed back into stadiums.

This is Vale's 'one person on the phones, no hold system, just keeping ringing back'. I can't see an option for online purchases, which would be eminently sensible for a lowkey game like this. 

Good luck lads. 

If that's the case I anticipate an away following of about 23 

We're going to look so tinpot. Already, Mackems are saying they can't get through and they ring and go straight to answerphone.

Why isn't there a holding system? Why aren't there online purchases? Why aren't there more people on the phones? It's Groundhog Day. This is stuff we should have had in place 10 years ago. 

It sounds daft but this is literal cash for our club we're chucking away. The money comes straight to us. Sunderland would bring a few and they may just not bother if it's a massive hassle buying tickets.

Sick of us being the tinpot team. Sort it out. 

Archived