Defining Racism

Regal Beagle

Advert:

8 hours ago, WV said:

Fuming are ya Dave?

Who would have thought that a society of people racially marginalised for centuries would bite back when they still live in a racist society?

And who would have thought that 23million people would apply to that racist country as part of the "Diversity Visa Lottery program" in 2016 and a similar number in 2017. Seems like 23m people don't share or have a different view of the USA than you WV.

20 hours ago, Davebrad said:

well to me this is blatant racism, lets see who calls it out as such...

Black Lives Matter has called on Christmas shoppers to boycott white companies as part of "Black Xmas".

The Black Lives Matter Global Network announced on social media there should be no spending at companies owned by white people between Black Friday on November 26 and New Year's Day.

It encouraged people to "buy exclusively from Black-owned businesses", adding "we're dreaming of a #Blackxmas". Black Xmas began in 2014 after John Crawford, a black man, was fatally shot in an Ohio Walmart store.

The group also posted on its website: "Black Friday sales are being rolled out weeks in advance of Thanksgiving and, at every turn, white-supremacist-capitalism is telling us to spend our money on things that we don't need, to reap profits for corporations.

"Let's harness our economic power to disrupt white-supremacist-capitalism and build Black community."

The move prompted criticism from some social media users, who said it was racist and segregating. Others praised the move and asked for recommendations of black-owned firms to support.

well that didn't get many calls, but if it had been reversed mmm! i wonder, we would have probably been upto page34 castigating white supremacists... and racial innuendos

and on a up note "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" could be a reality... and that wont go down well in the "blm global movement"

Advert:

On 03/12/2021 at 14:44, jimbo57 said:

Reminds me of Germany in the 1930's.

What next, will they paint 'White Owned' on shop windows and stand outside preventing shoppers from entering?

Can't see this catching on and it certainly won't stop me shopping in our club shop.😀

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it's twitch that has started applying its anti-racism policies to left wingers now.

So a bit more context for the 2021 racism defintion. It's apparently not racist to use a slur against a group of people based on their skin colour, if their skin colour is white, because the slur is based on something which was true of a tiny minority of white people, hundreds of years ago.

Got you. This is making perfect sense 😀

Imagine having to argue that you should have the right to be racist because it's against white people and that should be allowed because of slavery. Insane.

8 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I believe it's twitch that has started applying its anti-racism policies to left wingers now.

So a bit more context for the 2021 racism defintion. It's apparently not racist to use a slur against a group of people based on their skin colour, if their skin colour is white, because the slur is based on something which was true of a tiny minority of white people, hundreds of years ago.

Got you. This is making perfect sense 😀

Imagine having to argue that you should have the right to be racist because it's against white people and that should be allowed because of slavery. Insane.

I have not got the faintest clue what you are on about.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link in which this guy is arguing that because the racist slur he used, was used to describe slave owners, the term is describing power and therefore is not a slur, because it doesn't dehumanise the target. Or something.

Directly relevant to the thread subject. We've never define racism in terms of power before, although it probably has been correlational more often than not. 

I would argue that the people who are redefining racism either want more racism, or they want to be allowed to be racist. Neither is a good thing.

Advert:

• 1 month later...
On 25/11/2021 at 20:44, Regal Beagle said:

Dangerous ground to conflate the state of Israel and Jews in a discussion on racism. This is one of the things that got Corbyn's Labour into trouble when they were outed in 2019.

It seems to have got Whoopi Goldberg into trouble as well?

4 hours ago, For Us All said:

It seems to have got Whoopi Goldberg into trouble as well?

🤣

Things that are NOT racist this week: Adolf Hitler's holocaust

Things that ARE racist this week: Truck drivers who don't want to be forced to have an injection

Absolute clown world we live in.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 13:53, Regal Beagle said:

🤣

Things that are NOT racist this week: Adolf Hitler's holocaust

Things that ARE racist this week: Truck drivers who don't want to be forced to have an injection

Absolute clown world we live in.

I have no idea why anyone would give what Whoopi Goldberg has to say the time of day, unfortunately sometimes in the USA you can't get out of the way of it.  If a white person said what she said their career would be over and the person screaming loudest for it to be over would be Whoopi Goldberg.

ADL has changed their definition of racism from something white people do to non-white people, to something white people do to non-white (+ethnic jews), as a result of the Whoopi Goldberg thing.

Funny how flexible that word is and it's equally funny how they had cut themselves out of being victims of racism until it suited them and so they change the definition to include themselves as victims again. 

Best part is that the actual definition of racism would already allow them to be victims of racism. 

Almost as if the word means nothing now.

Advert:

On 10/02/2022 at 19:19, For Us All said:

Apparently,if you eat meat you are a white supremacist with a patriarchal worldwide view?

I think Trudeau has <ovf censored> up with the trucker thing, calling them racist had no negative impact whatsoever, probably the opposite I'd say. Are normal people waking up to the racist left wing power grab?

• Like 1