Defining Racism

Regal Beagle

14 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Does racism against white people exist?

It is possible. But does it happen regularly and institutionally?

Are you white? Has anyone ever racially abused you? I'm white and nobody has ever racially abused me. I'm sure if you ask a black person the same question they'll have a different answer.

Advert:

On 03/08/2021 at 13:19, geosname said:

In not looking for a gotcha just trying to decode the definition of racist.

Syndrome suggests a mental or physical problem but I think I understand what you are getting at.

I think there is a difference between being a racist and racial discrimination... one is against the law.

I have seen many comments that suggest you have to be white to be a racist or if you are white you are a racist. Which is absolute crap.

If curry can become racist,everyone had better watch out!

Has the world gone madras?

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

If curry can become racist,everyone had better watch out!

Has the world gone madras?

There are lots of words whose meanings change in context.  I have know curry to be used as a racist term 40 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is in ANY doubt whatsoever, that the current left wing narrative is to lie and leverage racial issues for their own profit, then this story blows it out of the water.

When you see anyone saying things like we need more diversity in Government, or promoting candidates based on skin colour, gender, sexuality or other immutable characteristic, just know that they are liars. They don't want black people in power, they want political allies in power. It's not about skin colour for these people. They want less diversity (of thought) rather than more.

It really is despicable.

Advert:

This doesn't apply just to this particular thread but I wanted to remind users that OVF now has an option for users to opt out of the Politics section. This was following requests from some users to stick to football topics and suchlike.

If any users want to opt out of Political debates please message me and I will block the Politics section so you won't see it and the posts within in when you log on.

I believe this then offers the best of both worlds - users who want to engage in political discussion can but others can opt out.

Thanks,

Rob

• Like 1

Advert:

47 minutes ago, ginge said:

Alright, if you want to be included so badly, answer those questions from when you were in the UK? Have your answers changed? 

No change in my personal experiences.

Consider the Rotherham, and other places, child abuse cases and the way they were handled by the institutions and press. It may change your opinion a little.

Personal oppinion........

Racism is caustic, whether it's real or perceived. 

There is no positive side to racism, there is no positive racism.

I believe everyone is equal under the law even though everyone is an individual.

The easiest definition, I would suggest, is that if you are not equal because of your race..... that is racism.

If you add the word discrimination it starts to get foggy.

If any employer sets out to hire a person of a particular race it steps into the realm of racism and racial discrimination.

There are very few things in life I really dislike, racism is one. No matter which race is involved.

We all discriminate in minor ways, some won't buy a Ford motor vehicle, i'm one, because of past experiences, some will only buy a BMW because they think they are the superior vehicle to all other makes.

Discrimination against any race is a totally different ballgame.  

• Like 1

Advert:

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/08/2021 at 20:25, ginge said:

It is possible. But does it happen regularly and institutionally?

Are you white? Has anyone ever racially abused you? I'm white and nobody has ever racially abused me. I'm sure if you ask a black person the same question they'll have a different answer.

It happens every single day in all our institutions? They literally have job titles for it now. You can go to university and train to become someone who discriminates against people (almost certainly white people) based on skin colour. The NHS hires these people hand over fist. The BBC pays their diversity staff more than most actual presenters. The Government advertises jobs and excludes white applicants. Reverse that for one second and we would all agree that it would be horrifically racist to say "we have too many blacks staff so we won't consider hiring another one". It's mind blowing if you actually think about it.

Furthermore, the authorities admitted that they failed to stop grooming gangs from raping children because of the fear that they would be called racist. If you look into the cases of these gangs there is a clear trend of them using race to justify it. It absolutely was a racist crime and the authorities knew about it and did nothing.

And I know this will make me sound like I'm some how "pro" white, I'm really not, I don't really believe there is a "white identity" as much as there is for other races. It's just a couple of examples of actual racism, going on today, in the name of diversity. But white people absolutely do not have any benefits written in law that black people do not. The opposite argument is arguing for black people to have legal protections that no one else has. It's racism and I'm against it.

Edited by Regal Beagle

On 03/08/2021 at 10:29, hillmanhunter said:

You'd have to find a black man doing such a thing. He'd have to be doing it for altruistic reasons, not as part of some grift. Obviously.

There are a few footballers who have refused to take a knee aren't there? Lyle Taylor and Wilf Zaha off the top of my head.

On 02/08/2021 at 16:14, hillmanhunter said:

I'd define racism as 'booing an innocuous gesture against racism'

Isn't this a big part of the problem though? Because this makes it seem like you don't have enough racism to quench your thirst. That you actually have a need to create more "racists" by completely opening up the definition of racism so remove both parts of the initial definition. Now you don't have to have any intent or belief that races are inferior to one another, nor do you actually have to discriminate against anyone based upon that idea, but you can still be racist.

A white person does a protest, another white person does a counter protest and you say that one of them is racist? You have to be incredibly dishonest to conclude that without even addressing their reasons for counter protesting. But this is leftist logic. They twist everything into a binary, you either comply with us or you are the opposite. Antifa are the masters of it. 

And taking a knee is not in itself a gesture against racism. You need to to actually understand the intent of the person doing it to reach that conclusion. Likewise booing. You either have intent for both gestures, or you don't. You can't pick and choose.