Defining Racism

Regal Beagle

On 27/07/2021 at 02:23, ginge said:

Having said that @Regal Beagle it does seem that nowadays calling out people for racism is worse and gets more backlash than racism itself. And this government certainly do nothing to stop it. You only have to look at Boris' comments about gay people, black people, women and muslims in the past. His comments make people think they can get away with it. Look at him and patel not condemning the booing for the England team and the backlash of racism that came to our player after the final.

There is not one ounce of truth in this post. 

First of all, can you provide any evidence at all to back up your claim that calling out racism receives a worse backlash than racism itself? It's so patently false that it is genuinely laughable that you can even come up with it.

Go back and look at anyone who ACTUALLY does something racist. Not your <ovf censored> definition of (politically convenient) racism, but actual racism. They get named on twitter, vilifed, immediately lose their jobs, they are arrested, houses searched and likely prosecuted under harmful communication legislation. 

Meanwhile, leftists can genuinely just lie about racism for their own political agenda and face no accountability whatsoever.

You are right about one thing, you only have to look at Boris' comments to see that what I posted above is correct.

Also, booing people for taking a knee is not racism. It did not cause racism any more than the taking of the knee did in the first place. You are making it up, yet again, because it helpfully suits your own politics. It's not true, it never has been true and it is about time people with this view take some accountability for any perceived rise in racism.

• Like 2

• Fosse69 changed the title to Defining Racism
16 hours ago, hillmanhunter said:

I'd define racism as 'booing an innocuous gesture against racism'

So if a black man boos a black man taking the knee is he racist?

If the black man taking the knee complains about the black man booing is he racist?

What if a white man complains about a black man booing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geosname said:

If the black man taking the knee complains about the black man booing is he racist?

It is the action not the skin colour that defines an action, hence the abusive  term "coconut"

2 hours ago, geosname said:

You'd have to find a black man doing such a thing. He'd have to be doing it for altruistic reasons, not as part of some grift. Obviously.

1 hour ago, hillmanhunter said:

You'd have to find a black man doing such a thing. He'd have to be doing it for altruistic reasons, not as part of some grift. Obviously.

Apparently the reasons are immaterial, the fact that someone is doing it is racist according to the poster.

35 minutes ago, geosname said:

Apparently the reasons are immaterial, the fact that someone is doing it is racist according to the poster.

Yeah, I get that. I think I broadly agree. My point is that if you come up with some Uncle Tom Syndrome fella that would not be a 'gotcha'.

29 minutes ago, hillmanhunter said:

Yeah, I get that. I think I broadly agree. My point is that if you come up with some Uncle Tom Syndrome fella that would not be a 'gotcha'.

In not looking for a gotcha just trying to decode the definition of racist.

Syndrome suggests a mental or physical problem but I think I understand what you are getting at.

I think there is a difference between being a racist and racial discrimination... one is against the law.

I have seen many comments that suggest you have to be white to be a racist or if you are white you are a racist. Which is absolute crap.

• Like 1