Fosse69

Advert:

1 hour ago, Rockape99 said:

Covolan 

Smith  Martin Johnson 

Wozza                       Benning 

Conlon     Walker  Pett 

Wilson  Rodney 

think this how we will go picked with little knowledge of football management .

I reckon that’s the one… with a possibility Dan Jones will play LCB due to his long throw.

Don’t want to see Worrall wasted at right wing back personally. We have cass, much prefer us to pick him or smith there and play worral as part of a front 3. Id probably go:

covolan

cass smith Martin benning 

Conlon Walker pett

Worrall Wilson Rodney 

For me that has Worrall of Rodney in their best positions. Based on friendlies I think we will go 352, I hope we don’t though. 

36 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Don’t want to see Worrall wasted at right wing back personally. We have cass, much prefer us to pick him or smith there and play worral as part of a front 3. Id probably go:

covolan

Conlon Walker pett

Worrall Wilson Rodney 

For me that has Worrall of Rodney in their best positions. Based on friendlies I think we will go 352, I hope we don’t though. 

IMO looking at the preseason so far there’s no way Cass gets a start, or that worrall gets moved or that we change too much from what we’ve done so far formation wise. 

I think worrall can push forward to either side of the forward when Gibbo is back, but until then I think that RWB is his position when we start the season. 

Advert:

1 hour ago, valiant steve said:

I dislike Northampton. I hope we batter them. UTV!

The times I have been to Northampton I have been impressed with the club and particularly the community teams it operates at a several age groups. I think they went through an ownership problem, but seem to be back on a level footing now. 

I think this is a good test first game and since home games v Carlisle and Tranmere follow that are not easy we need to get some points on the board hopefully. 

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

I reckon that’s the one… with a possibility Dan Jones will play LCB due to his long throw.

Agree. Think the only question marks are LWB - Jones or Benning and CF due to a possible injury concern to Rodney. If he doesn’t make it, then Proctor will come in.

My gut feeling is that he will go for Jones with his extra height and long throw, as we are playing away to a decent team. 

I can’t remember the last time we had a squad this streamline. Every Manager we’ve had has always said quality over quantity, and then we end up with 30 players. This pre-season we’ve actually done it.

Conna wait for Saturday. UTV. 

4 hours ago, Rockape99 said:

Covolan 

Smith  Martin Johnson 

Wozza                       Benning 

Conlon     Walker  Pett 

Wilson  Rodney 

think this how we will go picked with little knowledge of football management .

Jones instead of Benning. 

18 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

covolan

Conlon Walker pett

Worrall Wilson Rodney 

That 433 line up would be my preference too but I think we know we're all geared up for 352. So I think it will be:

Covolan

Smith Martin Jones

Wozza Pett Walker Conlon Benning

Wilson Proctor

Just got a feeling after watching Proctor and Wilson play so well together on Saturday that DC will give it a go with Rodney on the bench in case we're chasing the game.

Proctor's hold up play and lay-offs were very good against Chesterfield and we may well find our front two partnerships are Proctor and Wilson or Proctor and Rodney, rather than Wilson and Rodney.

Anyway, just my take - can't wait for Satdee except there's no iFollow!

Advert:

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

IMO looking at the preseason so far there’s no way Cass gets a start, or that worrall gets moved or that we change too much from what we’ve done so far formation wise. 

I think worrall can push forward to either side of the forward when Gibbo is back, but until then I think that RWB is his position when we start the season. 

Yeah I don’t think he will either. I would even be tempted to push smith at right back and start Johnson who’s looked decent. I just want to see Worrall up the top end of the pitch and not have to worry about defensive duties so much. I do agree though I’m pretty certain he will start there until gibbo is fit. 

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Northampton probably won't finish near the playoffs this year. 

What makes you think that Joe?  I think they'll be on the fringes, based on nothing more than a gut feeling, a couple of good friendly results and a few snippits from the internet.  I will add that I think their manager comes over as a very likeable, well balanced, intelligent individual.  No idea if he's any good tho.

Advert:

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

What makes you think that Joe?  I think they'll be on the fringes, based on nothing more than a gut feeling, a couple of good friendly results and a few snippits from the internet.  I will add that I think their manager comes over as a very likeable, well balanced, intelligent individual.  No idea if he's any good tho.

Manager didn't do well last year, and I don't think their signings are of massive quality. Their talented youngster Chukwuemeka will probably leave before the end of the window, and they've already lost a few good players post-relegation. I guess Danny Rose could get 10-15 but apart from that I don't see a great deal of quality in there. 

Also, it looks like Liam Roberts is their number 1, who was awful whenever I saw him for Walsall last season. Just a lot of unknowns and not many guarantees about the squad.

Just a few thoughts on James Wilson going into Saturday’s match against Northampton. Having watched him in most of the pre season friendlies, I did think that against Chesterfield (particularly in the first half) he looked a ‘class above’ when he got himself on the ball. Their defenders, at times, backed away from him. 

Having a better defence and midfield this year, I feel that Wilson could be the player who can takes us into the play offs or beyond!!

I just hope that he can motivate himself and get involved in games to make a real difference to Vale this season. 

Archived