onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Having read peoples opinions on DC,s comment ... my teams always start slowly , my thoughts are 

1, What are you doing that means they always start slowly, whatever it is  change it.

2, If its because you come in and the slow start is because you always make a lot of changes then this season Vale are similar to most. Someone posted we had 7 new players but Northampton had 8. Walsall mate told me they had 9 new starters, yes I know they lost but point being its probably more the norm this season. Every team cant start slowly.

3, Dont put the idea into our players heads that we will start slowly so its OK if we do.

Advert

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Maybe once Gibbo is fit he will change the system to fit wozza in?

There are only two sensible ways of doing that - going 343 or 433. I can't think for a moment that he would leave Wozza out to preserve a particular formation. If he did I think the Forum would spontaneously explode!

13 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Having read peoples opinions on DC,s comment ... my teams always start slowly , my thoughts are 

1, What are you doing that means they always start slowly, whatever it is  change it.

2, If its because you come in and the slow start is because you always make a lot of changes then this season Vale are similar to most. Someone posted we had 7 new players but Northampton had 8. Walsall mate told me they had 9 new starters, yes I know they lost but point being its probably more the norm this season. Every team cant start slowly.

3, Dont put the idea into our players heads that we will start slowly so its OK if we do.

Or 4. He knew his team weren't where he wanted it to be yet and wanted to relieve some of the pressure on the players as we begin a tough first month or so of fixtures.

Whatever the thinking it didn't quite work and sent the wrong message. The preferred mantra of take each game as it comes and it's a 46 game season, a marathon not a sprint, all that works fine.

But it was a small mistake. Perhaps the tactics were a mistake. Definitely it was a mistake from Covolon to get sent off and there were mistakes from the defence for the goal.

Plenty to work on for all concerned and plenty of time to sort things out.

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

It's a red card for me on seeing it ,poor decision making so early in the second half by our goalie but never mind better to be having these big errors early on so we they can learn from them 

Still cannot get me head round why Legge is not playing when we were having that run where we won 8 on the bounce  he is the one along with Brisley (departed )who stood out or maybe I was seeing things .

Is he injured ?

GET THE LAD BACK IN.

Can’t help but thinking Legge would have gobbled up those long throws. When he doesn’t play you realise how much of a monster he is in the air compared to our current defenders.

Think I agree with you, get the lad back in😄

19 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Or 4. He knew his team weren't where he wanted it to be yet and wanted to relieve some of the pressure on the players as we begin a tough first month or so of fixtures.

Whatever the thinking it didn't quite work and sent the wrong message. The preferred mantra of take each game as it comes and it's a 46 game season, a marathon not a sprint, all that works fine.

But it was a small mistake. Perhaps the tactics were a mistake. Definitely it was a mistake from Covolon to get sent off and there were mistakes from the defence for the goal.

Plenty to work on for all concerned and plenty of time to sort things out.

Steady, with comments like that you’ll be getting called stupid! 😁

Can’t help but thinking Legge would have gobbled up those long throws. When he doesn’t play you realise how much of a monster he is in the air compared to our current defenders.
Think I agree with you, get the lad back in
This is just the same as when any other player doesn't play. Suddenly, they become world beaters. Then they get back in the side. And normal service is resumed. Legge, Brown, Pope. Even Robinson would apparently have scored yesterday. Get a grip. There's a reason why we've struggled in all but 1 season with Legge.

22 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Boslem said:
Think I agree with you, get the lad back inemoji1.png

This is just the same as when any other player doesn't play. Suddenly, they become world beaters. Then they get back in the side. And normal service is resumed. Legge, Brown, Pope. Even Robinson would apparently have scored yesterday. Get a grip. There's a reason why we've struggled in all but 1 season with Legge.

He is still our most dominant in the air but sadly his lack of pace gets him caught out. None of the new recruits can touch his heading ability or physical presence.

25 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Boslem said:
Think I agree with you, get the lad back inemoji1.png

That was mostly in a 2, which I agree, he isn’t mobile enough for. However, in a 3 he is a different animal. I reckon his win percentage is pretty high in a 3. 

That was mostly in a 2, which I agree, he isn’t mobile enough for. However, in a 3 he is a different animal. I reckon his win percentage is pretty high in a 3. 
Possibly, but he's another year older, and is only going to decline. When a centre back has to play in a 3, doesn't that worry people? That he needs 2 others alongside him to make up for his deficiencies? Throw away the comfort blanket of past good memories which always neglect to include the bad. We've had 1 competitive game with our new younger more mobile defence. Let it gel and don't revert to what we know doesn't work in the long run after 1 bloody game

I think everyone agrees Wozzer can do a job at RWB, but it is not his best position.

The bloke looked shattered at the end of the game.  Playing RWB is hard enough, but having to jog over into LWB position when Jones takes throws from the right?

Ever likely the bloke was buggered for the last ten.

Can't believe we got people already wanting Legge back in the side, he's 36 and we have moved on, yes he will do a job if needs be with injuries and suspensions but we have to look to the future.  For me we have 3 decent centre backs in Martin, Johnson and Smith, good potential in Cass and Legge is 5th choice now.  I think we have far more worries than the defence and that is a lack of creativity, I hope I am wrong and very early but don't see this side creating enough.

18 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Can't believe we got people already wanting Legge back in the side, he's 36 and we have moved on, yes he will do a job if needs be with injuries and suspensions but we have to look to the future.  For me we have 3 decent centre backs in Martin, Johnson and Smith, good potential in Cass and Legge is 5th choice now.  I think we have far more worries than the defence and that is a lack of creativity, I hope I am wrong and very early but don't see this side creating enough.

He can head a ball out, that is why. Which would have come in handy Sat.

3 decent centre backs in Martin, Johnson and Smith,

Johnson was <not impressive>, Martin has zero presence, and Smithy only plays well in a good defence.

Do you watch the games?

We need a leader in there. A big man. A shouter. And he's the only one we have got that fills the bill. Even if he is a total .......  on twitter.

I'd have kept Brizzers myself to do that job. 

Archived