onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Walter said:

No I havent decided Wilson isnt going to score at all. What an odd thing to say.

Yes I went the game and saw it live. I thought he should score.
I have seen it since on sky sports numerous times and still think he should score.

But he didnt. Does that mean I think he wont score ever? No. Dont be silly.

Does saying any old idiot pissed up in the away end could of scored mean that I dont think Wilson will score again? No. Dont be silly.

I just think he should of scored that chance.

He didnt. Ok. Is what it is.

I think you might think I rate Theo. Let's have it right, I absolutely ditest that dosser. I never wanted him back after his first spell and never want to see him in a vale shirt again. Absolute disgrace.

But to play devils advocate, yes Wilson scored more than Theo last year (hardly a achievement) but he is really going to have to get his finger out to score the goals we need to be top 7. Its expecting something hes never done before. We would need 20 from him, has he ever got 10? Hopefully playing a central role will benefit him.

I liked the look of proctor when he came on. For Sunderland I'd probably go with a front 3 of Rodney, Proctor and Worral and have Wilson as a option from the bench.

Every striker misses chances to go this deep off one missed chance is a bit silly

Advert

16 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Leave it there mate. 

I think you are overthinking a comment by a considerable distance.

The team talk next week will be delivered directly to the players… they won’t just get shown a video of an interview with Baggers.

Try and be positive… please. The club needs it after years of being a disaster zone.

Nobody wants to see Vale do well more than me. But I’ll see it how I say it. I think DC is a bit arrogant and I’m on fence so far. I think he got it wrong yesterday, the seeds of which were set by his unnecessary comments. Equally I don’t really understand why, if his comments are true, that people should just accept that we are going to be toss for over a fifth of the season. Better to start strong and build momentum, surely?? Thankfully I’m glad that it’ll be mid-September before I get to watch any of it due to various commitments, at which point we’ll no doubt be roaring away. We’ll see.

1 hour ago, Rory said:
2 hours ago, valeparklife said:
Just seen the sending off myself.
Why was it a red?
He wasn't the last man.
Are the rules different for a keeper fouling outside the area?
Bit mystified.

Because the lad would have just waltzed towards the goal and kicked it in an empty net.

Just watched it again. Yeah fair enough it's probably correct when I freeze framed it. In real time it looked a bit dubious.

I can't stand the whole "playing out from the back" fashion that is blighting football now. All it does is gift chances to the opposition. 

Swansea did it vs Blackburn yesterday too and gave a penalty away. It's just madness.

Just because it works for Man City who can spend billions on a GK and defence, doesn't mean that everyone should copy it with inferior players.

Just now, valeparklife said:

Just watched it again. Yeah fair enough it's probably correct when I freeze framed it. In real time it looked a bit dubious.

I can't stand the whole "playing out from the back" fashion that is blighting football now. All it does is gift chances to the opposition. 

Swansea did it vs Blackburn yesterday too and gave a penalty away. It's just madness.

Just because it works for Man City who can spend billions on a GK and defence, doesn't mean that everyone should copy it with inferior players.

Blame Guardiola.

Just seen the highlights. Radio made Covolans sending off seem a lot worse than it was. Their guy knew exactly what he wanted to do. Think Covolan pulled at a loose thread on his shirt didn't he, and he went down as though Mr T had given him a roundhouse to the back. Covolan will learn from that.
I've said the same look at it in slow motion and I don't think he's even touched him.

Load of crap about the matrix, sacked by September, taking Carol for a ride.
They were clearly sat on it and were just waiting for the opportune moment to start moaning. Saved for another day if that Wilson spoon had gone in. Weird mentality. 
Again, this is 22 minutes into a season.
He isn't going anywhere

Thought myself he clipped him and it was a sending off but shocking from Northampton players right up against the ref calling for the red card, just let refs get on with the game, he might well have given the red card but their players definitely made sure it was happening.

39 minutes ago, dishydave said:

I've said the same look at it in slow motion and I don't think he's even touched him.

It’s his own fault. He shouldn’t be there, he should have cleared the ball when he had the chance. The keeper should not be involved in challenges like that. Your just asking for the referee to make a decision. For me it’s stupid, he clips him and it’s a red. 

36 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Thought myself he clipped him and it was a sending off but shocking from Northampton players right up against the ref calling for the red card, just let refs get on with the game, he might well have given the red card but their players definitely made sure it was happening.

It happens every week. Don't give the opposition any chance of calling for a red then it won't happen.

1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

Completely agree, but where were our players?? I hate to see goading of refs but it was noticeable that only Pett was in there (eventually) versus half a dozen of them.

It’s a red most times but we did look to have one covering player in the centre.

It does look more accidental in the slow mo with his standing foot catching him and their player has made a meal of it but Covolan should just have booted it down the field rather than a heavy touch like that.

Possibly a foul on Covolan but don’t ask that question of the referee. As soon as happened I expected the red card so can’t say it’s a bad decision.

We just need to be more streetwise we moan about other teams diving and crowding referees but by not being like that we are at a disadvantage. Like it or not it’s common place in the game and we need to be doing the same. A bit more s***house.

Archived