onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

37 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Then 48 hours before the game we are basically told “we’ll have relegation form for the first 9 games of the season but dunna worry”. Then, hey presto, we’re poor in the game itself. 

Again… you believe that Professional footballers were mentally impacted by that statement in the press? Genuinely?

What did DC say to them behind closed doors? Would that not be the more important message?

Maybe he was trying to take the pressure off given our 16 year record.

Maybe he knows the players better than you and knew what was needed to impact them in a positive way?

Maybe you are just looking for a reason to have a dig?

Who knows.

Genuinely I think this is the stupidest take on something that’s happened at the vale for a long time.

I’m sure you are a lovely bloke though.

The first 45 was a half of two quarters. They scored around the midway point of the half against the run of play, and that turned the game in their favour.

It was disappointing to see the referee buy all of their nonsense but we have to do better to stand up to teams who try to unsettle us physically. There will be a lot of them.

22 minutes ago, Walter said:
28 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:
Unfortunately we just don’t create chances. I was critical of Wilson, who did a great Theo Robinson impression, but a striker’s role is to finish off attacks and chances but without them, any striker won’t get goals. 

Theo would of scored a goal yesterday.

What was that you were saying earlier about glue? 🤣

42 minutes ago, Doha said:

Load of crap about the matrix, sacked by September, taking Carol for a ride.

They were clearly sat on it and were just waiting for the opportune moment to start moaning. Saved for another day if that Wilson spoon had gone in. Weird mentality. 

Again, this is 22 minutes into a season.

Genuinely believe that some vale fans have a self destruct mentality.

I have friends that live overseas who are football fanatics… they always say that what amazes them about English fans is there need to dislike their own team and will go out of their way to construct something they hate.

I ask them what it’s like in their home countries and I’m told they are super supportive… on a WhatsApp chat yesterday I explained the Covolan situation, and pretty much they all said the fans would put their arms around him, and make sure he knew he was supported… and here is the kicker… because that’s what would help the team be most successful.

Wouldn't that be nice.

What was that you were saying earlier about glue? 
Just responding to the post about Wilson doing a good impression of Theo. His very few vale goals were easy chances. He did f all but even he would occasionally take a chance.
I dont rate theo at all, but I reckon he would of scored that yesterday.
Could of pulled a few out the away end that would of scored it.

I'd back Wilson to score it 99 times out of 100 to be fair. Horrible miss, but just one of them things.

9 minutes ago, Walter said:
25 minutes ago, philmpv said:
Course he would emoji848.png

You reckon he would of missed that chance?

Robinson wouldn’t have even been in the right place. Stop bringing up one of, if not our worst striker for years. Just seen your other post on Robinson... thought you were one of his few fans until that 😂

18 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

We’ve been crying out out for a fair few seasons now for a player who can throw a ball long and flat into the opponent’s box now we’ve got someone we got nobody that can get a head on it their two centre backs won every long throw and corner we got 

Lucas Covolan is the best header of a ball at the Vale, (W ent upfield &  scored with a header in the last few seconds, for Torquay), he should be sent up for EVERY Corner we get !

11 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Genuinely believe that some vale fans have a self destruct mentality.

I have friends that live overseas who are football fanatics… they always say that what amazes them about English fans is there need to dislike their own team and will go out of their way to construct something they hate.

I ask them what it’s like in their home countries and I’m told they are super supportive… on a WhatsApp chat yesterday I explained the Covolan situation, and pretty much they all said the fans would put their arms around him, and make sure he knew he was supported… and here is the kicker… because that’s what would help the team be most successful.

Wouldn't that be nice.

I’ve never heard of fans that would do that.  Suppose that’s englishs fans for you  

One thing I will say about some of our fans. After the game I went on the dreaded Facebook page and oh my. The comments on there were in general, send him back to Brazil, Clarke isn’t up to it, one I read is that he’s an arrogant clown. A couple of known posters on there reiterated that after 1 game the players are worse than last season, we should have kept brown and of course. Tom pope would have changed that game, If only we had treated him better. 

Im all for appropriate criticism as you know, we didn’t play well yesterday but reactions like that are laughable. Not even vale fans. 

Long season we will get better, I hope stone now impresses as it’s his shirt and hopefully covolan learns very quickly 

19 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Again… you believe that Professional footballers were mentally impacted by that statement in the press? Genuinely?

What did DC say to them behind closed doors? Would that not be the more important message?

Maybe he was trying to take the pressure off given our 16 year record.

Maybe he knows the players better than you and knew what was needed to impact them in a positive way?

Maybe you are just looking for a reason to have a dig?

Who knows.

Genuinely I think this is the stupidest take on something that’s happened at the vale for a long time.

I’m sure you are a lovely bloke though.

I’m not saying this was the reason we lost, but it’s a stupid comment that really didn’t need to be said. You can’t really deny that.

Robinson wouldn’t have even been in the right place. Stop bringing up one of, if not our worst striker for years. Just seen your other post on Robinson... thought you were one of his few fans until that
I hate Theo.

I was just responding to a post about wilson doing an impression of him. In that position I'd back anyone to score. Not buying that its difficult. You have to score.

Archived