onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Fine margins yesturday. Not great but neither were they. 

That’s how I saw it.  For their goal the ball that deflects to the scorer could’ve gone anywhere.  He reacted quickly and I thought, in general, they looked a bit sharper than us.  That lifted them and rocked us a bit.  Then, if Wilson scores, just before half time as it was, we probably come out second half back on the front foot.

They had a bit more pace and direct running in their side than us.  Hopefully our, as yet unsigned, new winger will add a bit of pace and flair.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Speaking of giving it time, it did make me laugh when the anti Flitcroft abuse started in certain quarters in the stand when they scored. 22 minutes into a new season. Never change Vale fans. 

Didn’t hear any of that where we sat.  Where I sat the fans were too busy abusing their players for celebrating right in front of us.  In fact their goal scorer should’ve been booked for inciting the crowd.  The ref had a word with him as the players walked back to the centre circle but nothing more.

I do find it hilarious that before the game every single person would agree that you can’t judge a season by one opening game.

Fast forward a few hours and some people seriously lost their heads yesterday… emotions, a few beers and a bit off disappointment and boom everything is a disaster.

Funny.

Im by no way saying this season is definitely going to be a success. Never have. But I am saying that judging it based on 90 mins is stupid.

Ask the 2:55pm version of yourself… they will agree with me.

Im hoping a lot of people have calmed down today, unfortunately I expect they haven’t.

8 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Why Flitcroft abuse?

Load of crap about the matrix, sacked by September, taking Carol for a ride.

They were clearly sat on it and were just waiting for the opportune moment to start moaning. Saved for another day if that Wilson spoon had gone in. Weird mentality. 

Again, this is 22 minutes into a season.

I think the disappointing thing was that it was sort of obvious. We’ve been poor in pre-season playing that formation not looking like scoring goals, but were told “dunna worry it’s all about fitness”. Then 48 hours before the game we are basically told “we’ll have relegation form for the first 9 games of the season but dunna worry”. Then, hey presto, we’re poor in the game itself. I’ll be honest, I’m not so far convinced by the “new” set-up. I can’t see us getting anything against Tranny for whom Callum McManaman is a fantastic signing.

10 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

That’s how I saw it.  For their goal the ball that deflects to the scorer could’ve gone anywhere.  He reacted quickly and I thought, in general, they looked a bit sharper than us.  That lifted them and rocked us a bit.  Then, if Wilson scores, just before half time as it was, we probably come out second half back on the front foot.

They had a bit more pace and direct running in their side than us.  Hopefully our, as yet unsigned, new winger will add a bit of pace and flair.

It’ll have to be Cristian Ronaldinho then 

Two evenly matched teams until goalie sent off. We were very lightweight on the left side and Northampton attacked Jones as they sussed out our weakness there.

A proven goalscorer still is required if we are to seriously believe we can challenge for promotion but the base is there for us to gel into a very useful outfit.

Disappointed but still hopeful.

10 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Didn’t hear any of that where we sat.  Where I sat the fans were too busy abusing their players for celebrating right in front of us.  In fact their goal scorer should’ve been booked for inciting the crowd.  The ref had a word with him as the players walked back to the centre circle but nothing more.

I agree I heard nothing either. In fact the saddest thing was how quiet the fans went after the sending off. It was so deflating. Such a brilliant atmosphere and day until Covolan went wild. 

2 minutes ago, ken williams said:

Two evenly matched teams until goalie sent off. We were very lightweight on the left side and Northampton attacked Jones as they sussed out our weakness there.

A proven goalscorer still is required if we are to seriously believe we can challenge for promotion but the base is there for us to gel into a very useful outfit.

Disappointed but still hopeful.

Unfortunately we just don’t create chances. I was critical of Wilson, who did a great Theo Robinson impression, but a striker’s role is to finish off attacks and chances but without them, any striker won’t get goals. 

Unfortunately we just don’t create chances. I was critical of Wilson, who did a great Theo Robinson impression, but a striker’s role is to finish off attacks and chances but without them, any striker won’t get goals. 
Theo would of scored a goal yesterday.

Well having slept on it the game was lacking quality and a cutting edge from both sides. 

I have not seen the red card yet, seeing it live it would of been some goal to score from there so I'm not convinced it was a red. I'm sure when I see it again I might change my mind. What he was doing out there in the first place is more concerning . 

A dour war of attrition which had fine margins, didn't particularly rate them either but as with ourselves how can you judge on one game. 

45 games left and I remain very optimistic once things settle and Clarke tweaks. 

Keep the faith

Archived