onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Just back home from Northampton. Its a day where i would ordinarily have a lot to say, but for now let us put it into perspective. For those not privileged to experience todays game it was for myself a honour to witness the return of football live after the horrendous months of pain and anguish. Inquest for another day and the belief that there is plenty of success ahead with Daryl Clarkes Side.

Vale have a tough 5-6 game start so need to get some cohesion into the team asap.

Midfield was found wanting today, too many aimless balls in the air, Wilson seems to prefer the ball into his feet.

Northampton had done their homework and exploited the 3-5-2 when ever they could, Worrall will be burnt out by October playing that system, what a waste to play him at RWB.

9 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Vale have a tough 5-6 game start so need to get some cohesion into the team asap.

Midfield was found wanting today, too many aimless balls in the air, Wilson seems to prefer the ball into his feet.

Northampton had done their homework and exploited the 3-5-2 when ever they could, Worrall will be burnt out by October playing that system, what a waste to play him at RWB.

But then won’t we moaning we are only playing one striker? 

Just now, Boslem's Brazil said:

But then won’t we moaning we are only playing one striker? 

Personally I would play a front 3. Rodney on the left, Wilson up top and Worrall on the right. I think that’s more attacking that a front two of Wilson and Rodney. I just want to see Worrall up top again. 

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

I'm reading all sorts on the Vale sites ,lack of effort is coming up in a lot  of people's comments if so they haven't played in front of a crowd for a long time surely the extra energy they get from the crowd (away following )yet I'm hearing that players were  jogging about if true I'm disgusted  .

Goalkeeper sent off and a very poor goal conceded have to see but heard it was pathetic .

First game not to fussed to be honest but if you have paid your hard earned and seen players strolling about then that does not bode well at all .

Like I say I'm just going on comments I ain't seen anything of the game so very disappointed here this 

Whoever told you all that rubbish either hasn't been to the game or, like a lot of lads in the away end, spent his time watching the home fans rather than the game.  There was no lack of effort from the players at all.

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Whoever told you all that rubbish either hasn't been to the game or, like a lot of lads in the away end, spent his time watching the home fans rather than the game.  There was no lack of effort from the players at all.

Agree. Poor performance but it wasn’t due to lack of effort. Just weren’t very good on the day 

Just back home from Northampton. Its a day where i would ordinarily have a lot to say, but for now let us put it into perspective. For those not privileged to experience todays game it was for myself a honour to witness the return of football live after the horrendous months of pain and anguish. Inquest for another day and the belief that there is plenty of success ahead with Daryl Clarkes Side.
Quite agree. We're back and that should be the biggest topic. Great day, great atmosphere between both sets of fans. As Clarke states it's a marathon not a sprint. UTV

Worrall will be burnt out or injured playing in that system by October. And before that he’ll put in about 5 crosses and score no goals. Why tie the hands of one of the most consistent performers and high-quality talents we have available? In a front 3 he’d get 10+ and just as many assists. Smith was one of our best players playing RB / RWB under Darrell last season? Makes no sense, will never make any sense.

<ovf censored> opening fixture and a tough month in general. If we can be top half + come the beginning of October we’ll be a slow climber. Just hope the players don’t lose belief or motivation during that time!

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

As someone put on FB we have gone 16yrs not losing on the opening day and on the whole have then had poor seasons........so what i am saying is we will be in the top 3 at christmas after losing that record now 🙂 feel free to return to this post around then to thank me

Yes, but next week dunner put a bet on Vale to win 😂

23 minutes ago, 1 said:

Worrall will be burnt out or injured playing in that system by October. And before that he’ll put in about 5 crosses and score no goals. Why tie the hands of one of the most consistent performers and high-quality talents we have available? In a front 3 he’d get 10+ and just as many assists. Smith was one of our best players playing RB / RWB under Darrell last season? Makes no sense, will never make any sense.

Anyone have any idea how many goals or assists he got from RWB last season? 

Jones - MOTM and we will benefit from those throws over the season
Pett - really liked some of his touches and worked nonstop - reminded me a little of the bogeyman (blast from the past)
Rodney - run his socks off and got battered from pillar to post
Proctor - like the look of him - be interesting when playing in a full 11, which brings us to:
Covolan -  - we love a psychopath
Wilson - mmmmmmmmm 
everyone else - cant really remember much of note 

About right that although I would add that Smith and Worrall had solid games.

Just caught the highlights on Sky...

Terrible goal to concede, got to win the first header, then they get the bit of luck when it drops to their man a few yards out.

The Wilson "miss"... 99 times out of a 100 that hits his shin & ends up in the net, so unlucky. Surely we had our fair share of bad luck last season & we're due a bit this year! I don't blame him for that, it was drilled in at him & he's been unlucky there.

Poor result. We go again.

Archived