onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Watched on ifollow.

Critisism of the keeper is harsh. He messed up but if you want the keeper to come out they are going to make a mistake occasionally. If it happens frequently then its a different story.The ball checked and his first touch was poor. Their lad made a great tackle then dived. 9 times out of 10 when you have a keeper cock up in that situation the worst case is a throw.

We were ok for the first 10 minutes then they stopped Conlon getting on the ball and we didn't have an answer.

We are not going to be very exciting to watch this season. We may do well but it its going to be dull. Those of you who have been asking for teams that win ugly should be careful what you wish for.

Its always going to be difficult when you go down to a team like that. It was a goal that happens every so often. Again if you start to concede similar goals frequently that is when it becomes a problem.

We desperately need more mobility.

3 minutes ago, Beech said:

Playing Worrall as a wing-back is criminal. It's like City starting De Bruyne there. I'm sure he can do a job, but your just wasting one of your better players to an extent.

Been saying it all pre season. I get gibbo is injured. We’ve signed cass, play either him or smith there and let Worrall stay up top where he hurts teams at this level. 

Let's face it, DC reckoned we'd start slow, basically not win. Wonder how the players felt hearing that. Hardly Mr Motivator is he.
Behave. He didn't do too badly with the worst Vale side in living memory and in free fall last season did he?

12 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Let's face it, DC reckoned we'd start slow, basically not win. Wonder how the players felt hearing that. Hardly Mr Motivator is he.

Honestly for a grown man to actually believe that baffles me. 

Yeah sure… DC said in an interview that his teams hadn’t started well historically (probably because he like a rebuild) and the professional footballers who play for us thought “oh man, we are rubbish” and then were so despondent it caused us to lose. 

Seriously? 

I have an idea… I’m going to become a manager and at each press conference I will say “my teams always win [insert situation]”… then, bosh, they would go out and win.

Wonder where I will keep my champions league trophy?

We have lost the opening game.

So far we have had people say we should never play the formation that got us a near on record breaking run of wins last year.

Someone suggested the whole recruitment is wrong.

And now more than one grown man has suggested one sentence caused the players to lose all confidence.

Tonight was a test of people’s rational thought… mixed bag of performances so far! 

10 minutes ago, Rory said:
25 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:
Been saying it all pre season. I get gibbo is injured. We’ve signed cass, play either him or smith there and let Worrall stay up top where he hurts teams at this level. 

Play Worrall where? He'd have to bin this daft system.

That’s exactly what he should do. 433 or 4231 for me 

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Honestly for a grown man to actually believe that baffles me. 

Yeah sure… DC said in an interview that his teams hadn’t started well historically (probably because he like a rebuild) and the professional footballers who play for us thought “oh man, we are rubbish” and then were so despondent it caused us to lose. 

Seriously? 

I have an idea… I’m going to become a manager and at each press conference I will say “my teams always win [insert situation]”… then, bosh, they would go out and win.

Wonder where I will keep my champions league trophy?

We have lost the opening game.

So far we have had people say we should never play the formation that got us a near on record breaking run of wins last year.

Someone suggested the whole recruitment is wrong.

And now more than one grown man has suggested one sentence caused the players to lose all confidence.

Tonight was a test of people’s rational thought… mixed bag of performances so far! 

Exactly this, I think i need a time out from this site its so frustrating to read, yes be frustrated with the result yes say we were poor today because we were but to question the managers ability to motivate, the managers recruitment and the formation we play after one game is delusional. Its going to take time and patience and there is going to be some below average perfomances whilst we are building and learning to play with eachother. But just give them a bloody chance 

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

As someone put on FB we have gone 16yrs not losing on the opening day and on the whole have then had poor seasons........so what i am saying is we will be in the top 3 at christmas after losing that record now 🙂 feel free to return to this post around then to thank me

Thanking you in advance! Not sure wheether it will happen - but I'd rather back an optimist than a miserable nihilist!

Had we kept 11 men on the pitch I think we would have taken a point today, and then everyone is saying it's a solid performance and result for the first game, away from home against a fancied side. One positive is that we were still solid despite being a man down and Stone only had a couple of decent saves to make.

Archived