onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I thought that was really poor with some really nervy performances from some.

We looked one dimensional with very slow play and poor passing. We didn't react to 2nd ball in both boxes and had no creativity at all playing. I really hope we don't play 352 again - Worrall is absolutely wasted as a wing back.

DC wasn't wrong a slow start indeed.

I'm half expecting DC to defend him during his post match interview.With something like ...He is new to this level,he is still learning.He is gutted that he was sent off and knows what he did was wrong.He is sorry that he let his team mates and the Vale supporters down.

Poor start that. Johnson struggled first half, I’m surprised that their long throws caused us so many issues with our huge players. Keeper is a liability. He showed that in the chesterfield game and now today. Clear as day to see why he’s only played non league. Good news, stone looked steady once he came on. 

For me personally the formation isn’t great and as I’ve said for weeks we are wasting our best player at RWB. Get Worrall up the top end of the pitch where he can hurt teams. 

Long season and we will improve, but that was a poor start. 

1 minute ago, melv said:

I'm half expecting DC to defend him during his post match interview.With something like ...He is new to this level,he is still learning.He is gutted that he was sent off and knows what he did was wrong.He is sorry that he let his team mates and the Vale supporters down.

Thats what i would expect too.

In the dressing room is another matter but Stone has three games to win that shirt now. If he does then that will hurt Covolan more

3 minutes ago, melv said:

Would any of that be untrue?

Besides he can't really say "what a stupid thing to do, he'll never play for me again, who signed this idiot?"

They were nothing special whatsoever, Vale just bottled it. 

Hartlepool fans right about Johnson in a back 3. 

Worrall completely nullified at RWB. Soon Gibbons is back the better. 

I was delighted to sign a mentalist in goal. Not that kind of mentalist though. Puddled. 

Wilson poor before missing an open goal sitter and worse after as he’d clearly lost his head. 

Heard a few “Clarke out by September” comments, beyond daft. 7 debuts today, it’ll take a bit of time to come together. 

Weak referee easily led by modern game management. Amazing how every Vale challenge caused a head injury isn’t it? 

<ovf censored> ground no fans, sick of this tinpot league.

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

They were nothing special whatsoever, Vale just bottled it. 

Hartlepool fans right about Johnson in a back 3. 

Worrall completely nullified at RWB. Soon Gibbons is back the better. 

I was delighted to sign a mentalist in goal. Not that kind of mentalist though. Puddled. 

Wilson poor before missing an open goal sitter and worse after as he’d clearly lost his head. 

Heard a few “Clarke out by September” comments, beyond daft. 7 debuts today, it’ll take a bit of time to come together. 

Weak referee easily led by modern game management. Amazing how every Vale challenge caused a head injury isn’t it? 

<ovf censored> ground no fans, sick of this tinpot league.

Lets hope we dont " bottle it " too many times hey.

Nervy, lack of composure and not playing to our strengths at all what so ever. Even with the clear out, I saw absolutely nothing different today!!
And for the love of God sort out some vaque kind of ball retention!!!!
Early days, a frustrating and disappointing start. Let's see what happens over the next few games before all going mental
UTV

7 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Lets hope we dont " bottle it " too many times hey.

We saw it too many times in the first half of last season. Playing with no confidence or flair, goal down and that’s it. 

Poor goal to concede. Stupid red card and a positionally restrained Worrall killed the game.

Archived