onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

10 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

There's one or two places. Last time I went 18 months ago I got there early say 1-00 , easily got a spot and then went for a bite to eat. 

The one I used is pretty much next to that hill where you can see half of the pitch for free !! 

Afterwards is like Wacky races though with no manners or etiquette it's literally barge your way into the queue to get away. 

Yep. Very much free for all on car park there. I have , in past, stayed in car listening to results before a more sedate exit!

Advert

14 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

4/4/2 two banks of four.....remember 4/2/3/1 is only playing one upfront and 4/3/3 is wingless wonders....sometimes think that there are so many formations inorder that there is always something to moan about.....if DC changes system in play then it gives everyone yet more to moan about......anyway it seems and most agree that it will be 3/5/2 and the team kinda picks itself with the only two undecided spots being Legge or Martin as leader at the back and Johnson or Jones at LCB......think Legge might start the season in terms of leadership and defending set plays and after a handfull of games expect Martin to take over while Johnson is probably long term going to play more games at LCB but that Jones long throw is a great asset and weapon.....so in terms of wanting a good start and not let any silly set play goals in Legge to start and probably Jones for the extra goal threat from long throws but once the season is up and running after half a dozen games the back three will probably settle down to Smith/Martin/Johnson.

Great to have options isn't it. 

I really think and hope that our formation will change depending on the opposition etc . 

It's been done to death about the 4-3-3 under Askey but I'm sure that will also be an option to Clarke and he's not blinkered or one dimensional. 

I really can't wait for Saturday and even if it's a defeat we are back watching football and have another 45 games to go .

As always you need luck with injury and suspension, let's hope for once our absentees are for a couple of games instead of the usual habitual injuries we seemed to suffer . 

Bring it on. 

Lots of unknowns for a lot of clubs with a large turnover of players. MAybe steady Eddie approach of Northampton will pay off who knows.

hard to predict a team with hardly seeing the new players but what I would comment is:

Proctor too good a player to leave out of the starting 11

DC likes to play two central strikers: my guess is Proctor and Wilson to start.

Changing Worral s position to wing back and lumbering him with defensive duties on the face of it seems madness as he s our most (almost only) genuine creator of chances in the box. Hope DC has a plan....

Weve been playing wingbacks all preseason so there’s no reason to think we’ll go into the season doing anything different. What will 100% happen though is that fans will want us to go 4-4-2, will criticise wingbacks for leaving too much space behind, for being too defensive, for not getting the best out of certain payers or not creating enough. 
I know. It's almost like fans have opinions based on what they witness. What's the world coming to?

39 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Lots of unknowns for a lot of clubs with a large turnover of players. MAybe steady Eddie approach of Northampton will pay off who knows.

hard to predict a team with hardly seeing the new players but what I would comment is:

Proctor too good a player to leave out of the starting 11

DC likes to play two central strikers: my guess is Proctor and Wilson to start.

Changing Worral s position to wing back and lumbering him with defensive duties on the face of it seems madness as he s our most (almost only) genuine creator of chances in the box. Hope DC has a plan....

Changing Worral s position to wing back and lumbering him with defensive duties on the face of it seems madness.

HERE HERE HE  IS NO DEFENDER and if we ain't careful that's where teams will expose us ,you do not have be a football coach work that out spot on comment ,you play to your strengths Worrall getting forwards to score and create are our strengths not being exposed and being the one fans will point the finger on not doing his job properly and losing games because we have put him in a role which is MADNESS. 

1 hour ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Im not sure they have been steady Eddie... they have signed 12 (same as us) and released 11

3 hours ago, philmpv said:
4 hours ago, PV1973 said:
Weve been playing wingbacks all preseason so there’s no reason to think we’ll go into the season doing anything different. What will 100% happen though is that fans will want us to go 4-4-2, will criticise wingbacks for leaving too much space behind, for being too defensive, for not getting the best out of certain payers or not creating enough. 

I know. It's almost like fans have opinions based on what they witness. What's the world coming to?

I think you missed my point (or I didn’t make it well enough) that there’s an obsession with 4-4-2 and fans find holes in any new systems that we may try and use. 

I think you missed my point (or I didn’t make it well enough) that there’s an obsession with 4-4-2 and fans find holes in any new systems that we may try and use. 
I absolutely get the 442 point. Drives me mad as well. But the space behind the wing backs issue, based on pre season, is a valid criticism

Archived