onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

46 minutes ago, Emile said:

Don't you need a foreign bank account these days also?

I use a VPN all the time for watching iPlayer over here - Nord is the best one I've used so far

Ive never been asked to provide a foreign bank account 

Advert

48 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

I use PureVPN i pay about £15 a year works perfectly.

Good to hear. It looks a good one. I got burned in the past paying for one that quickly stopped working. This seems to be the go to one based on other fan forums. Hi 

7 hours ago, Emile said:

Don't you need a foreign bank account these days also?

I use a VPN all the time for watching iPlayer over here - Nord is the best one I've used so far

I thought you did too, I went to Spain and thought I’d watch a game while I was there and it didn’t work. I assumed it was cause I’d paid with my UK bank account as I was genuinely out of the country. Maybe it was just iPlayer having one of those days though 

On 02/08/2021 at 18:59, Jacko51 said:

Does anyone know if that car park below the ground is in use again?  It was shut the last time we went to Sixfields.

Any idea where fans can park, last time I went by car, I managed park next to TGI Friday's, was planning on phoning Northampton tomorrow to see what is available.

On 01/08/2021 at 19:31, valiant_593 said:

Don’t want to see Worrall wasted at right wing back personally. We have cass, much prefer us to pick him or smith there and play worral as part of a front 3. Id probably go:

covolan

cass smith Martin benning 

Conlon Walker pett

Worrall Wilson Rodney 

For me that has Worrall of Rodney in their best positions. Based on friendlies I think we will go 352, I hope we don’t though. 

I like the look of that, but I’m not sure Wilson can play the lone striker role. Doesn’t feel like the type of striker who can run the channels or win the majority percentage in the air. He has class though, and if given the ball in and around the 18 year box he can hurt teams. Seems nailed on for 3-5-2 to start the season. 

11 hours ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

I use PureVPN i pay about £15 a year works perfectly.

I use Bitdefender VPN. But the reason for posting is I find I can't access some things if it is running and that has seemed to include ifollows live matches last season. At the end of the day the service provider needs to be satisfied the user meets the conditions of use and VPN is a potential masker of location and ID. I'm tempted to say the more effective VPN is perhaps the less accessibility one can get!

There is also an issue with the USA. Since we left the EU some US sites don't want to allow access because they won't subscribe to UK data protection law as well as EU law. That is probably an irrelevant comment here unless trying to get access from USA.

Worrall is our best crosser of the ball and best at closing down from the front. So for me he has to play up front and I would avoid any situation where he ends up a wing back. But not knowing the players in the team properly at the moment I guess a sacrifice might have to be made if we genuinely can't play someone else effectively there or can't play a back four with a straight forward right back who is primarily defensive minded.

"Worrall is our best crosser of the ball" but then again Benning is also a fantastic crosser of the ball so it is probably best that both play wide in a midfield five and cross the ball.....remember both Smith and Cass can play RCB and RB and both Johnson and Jones can play LCB and LB such that with that back three both wing backs have cover behind them plus Walker at DM can also play CB such that if the back three split to cover Walker can always drop in.....trouble with Worrall in a front three is that Worrall simply doesn't score enough goals and even then will always track back and tackle....also a central midfield two might get over run while a central midfield three should control the game and the left and right sided midfielders should offer support and cover or protection for the wing back and the centre back on their side such that the three should be able to deal with any threat down the side or in behind....it is after all called a high press and the wide centre backs should sweep up behind......got to say for the above reasons think it will be 3/5/2 and that midfield three of Pett/Walker/Conlon can control the game and the quality of crossing from wide should feed Wilson and Rodney with enough service and chances that even lesser strikers would get double figures....and when the season starts proper Wilson and Rodney will be quicker and sharper both being seriously focused and all action....could be a cracking front two and that midfield five should run the show and supply everything they need.

Weve been playing wingbacks all preseason so there’s no reason to think we’ll go into the season doing anything different. What will 100% happen though is that fans will want us to go 4-4-2, will criticise wingbacks for leaving too much space behind, for being too defensive, for not getting the best out of certain payers or not creating enough. 

12 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Any idea where fans can park, last time I went by car, I managed park next to TGI Friday's, was planning on phoning Northampton tomorrow to see what is available.

There's one or two places. Last time I went 18 months ago I got there early say 1-00 , easily got a spot and then went for a bite to eat. 

The one I used is pretty much next to that hill where you can see half of the pitch for free !! 

Afterwards is like Wacky races though with no manners or etiquette it's literally barge your way into the queue to get away. 

4/4/2 two banks of four.....remember 4/2/3/1 is only playing one upfront and 4/3/3 is wingless wonders....sometimes think that there are so many formations inorder that there is always something to moan about.....if DC changes system in play then it gives everyone yet more to moan about......anyway it seems and most agree that it will be 3/5/2 and the team kinda picks itself with the only two undecided spots being Legge or Martin as leader at the back and Johnson or Jones at LCB......think Legge might start the season in terms of leadership and defending set plays and after a handfull of games expect Martin to take over while Johnson is probably long term going to play more games at LCB but that Jones long throw is a great asset and weapon.....so in terms of wanting a good start and not let any silly set play goals in Legge to start and probably Jones for the extra goal threat from long throws but once the season is up and running after half a dozen games the back three will probably settle down to Smith/Martin/Johnson.

Archived