onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

IMO looking at the preseason so far there’s no way Cass gets a start, or that worrall gets moved or that we change too much from what we’ve done so far formation wise. 

I think worrall can push forward to either side of the forward when Gibbo is back, but until then I think that RWB is his position when we start the season. 

Yeah I don’t think he will either. I would even be tempted to push smith at right back and start Johnson who’s looked decent. I just want to see Worrall up the top end of the pitch and not have to worry about defensive duties so much. I do agree though I’m pretty certain he will start there until gibbo is fit. 

Advert

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Northampton probably won't finish near the playoffs this year. 

What makes you think that Joe?  I think they'll be on the fringes, based on nothing more than a gut feeling, a couple of good friendly results and a few snippits from the internet.  I will add that I think their manager comes over as a very likeable, well balanced, intelligent individual.  No idea if he's any good tho.

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

What makes you think that Joe?  I think they'll be on the fringes, based on nothing more than a gut feeling, a couple of good friendly results and a few snippits from the internet.  I will add that I think their manager comes over as a very likeable, well balanced, intelligent individual.  No idea if he's any good tho.

Manager didn't do well last year, and I don't think their signings are of massive quality. Their talented youngster Chukwuemeka will probably leave before the end of the window, and they've already lost a few good players post-relegation. I guess Danny Rose could get 10-15 but apart from that I don't see a great deal of quality in there. 

Also, it looks like Liam Roberts is their number 1, who was awful whenever I saw him for Walsall last season. Just a lot of unknowns and not many guarantees about the squad.

Just a few thoughts on James Wilson going into Saturday’s match against Northampton. Having watched him in most of the pre season friendlies, I did think that against Chesterfield (particularly in the first half) he looked a ‘class above’ when he got himself on the ball. Their defenders, at times, backed away from him. 

Having a better defence and midfield this year, I feel that Wilson could be the player who can takes us into the play offs or beyond!!

I just hope that he can motivate himself and get involved in games to make a real difference to Vale this season. 

14 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Just a few thoughts on James Wilson going into Saturday’s match against Northampton. Having watched him in most of the pre season friendlies, I did think that against Chesterfield (particularly in the first half) he looked a ‘class above’ when he got himself on the ball. Their defenders, at times, backed away from him. 

Having a better defence and midfield this year, I feel that Wilson could be the player who can takes us into the play offs or beyond!!

I just hope that he can motivate himself and get involved in games to make a real difference to Vale this season. 

I agree, even the commentators said he was a different class and MoM by a country mile.

7 hours ago, Joe B said:

Manager didn't do well last year, and I don't think their signings are of massive quality. Their talented youngster Chukwuemeka will probably leave before the end of the window, and they've already lost a few good players post-relegation. I guess Danny Rose could get 10-15 but apart from that I don't see a great deal of quality in there. 

Also, it looks like Liam Roberts is their number 1, who was awful whenever I saw him for Walsall last season. Just a lot of unknowns and not many guarantees about the squad.

Hoskins is decent at this level.

I think they’re a bit like us in that they’ve signed a lot of players.

Tough first month starting with a tough first game. If we can hang in the middle after the first 8-10 games then slowly build from there I’d be happy. I think this team will have far too much quality for the bottom 2/3rds over a whole season and fully expect us to be there or there abouts at the end. A solid draw to start would be fine, but we should go all out every game against anyone because the team is good enough.

On 01/08/2021 at 16:30, Rockape99 said:

Covolan 

Smith  Martin Johnson 

Wozza                       Benning 

Conlon     Walker  Pett 

Wilson  Rodney 

think this how we will go picked with little knowledge of football management .

I think this will be the starting 11, but from what I’ve seen Pett and Walker are very similar and I worry about all the attacking intent being left to Pirlo. I think Smith was fantastic at RWB / RB last season under DC and sticking with that would be better. Walker anchoring, Conlon and Worrall in more of a free midfield role to support and drop back. 

20 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Can’t make the game Saturday so gutted! Will have to listen on Radio Stoke.

I'm just going look at Sporting life stats ,I'm not listening to the commentary generally a tad negative although to a extent that are right but some games I was watching and listening to the waffle they were going on about seemed like they were watching a different game than me so Radio Stoke City not for me and praise and grumble well thats comedy gold after folk just dissing the players the club generally and the stoke take the Vale hardly get a mention so do not care if Vokes ain't good enough or Oneill too negative and come sunday morning theres another game look forwards too and what happened the prior sat is generally forgot about especially if it was dire so for example if it's a 3-1 win with T Naylor scoring two crackers and Lee Mills excellent third v Sunderland and you were there as I was you remember it forever in a good way , but if its a 0-4 home defeat v Mansfield also with a atrocious second half defensive display where all team may as well be fired for lack of application then you not going remember or wish to remember that particular game if went like I did the phoning Radio Stoke is not going change anything so forget  it ringing the station ain't going change owt .

So hopefully there will be a way watch it coming available in next few days because then the clubs get money and I spent silly money on ifollow lastseason about 460 and most of that was going to Vale somehow or other plus I Brought a ten gamer also 

Archived