Rodders

2 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

He's currently 66/1 to be top scorer in league 2. Each way top 4. I fancy him to come on a bit for last year and get 15-odd. He's one of those players who could click and become a world beater.

He'll score plenty of goals for sure, fitness permitting, the question is can he strike up a partnership with Wilson and/or Proctor.  That would be the key to him hitting 20+ in my book.

21 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

He'll score plenty of goals for sure, fitness permitting, the question is can he strike up a partnership with Wilson and/or Proctor.  That would be the key to him hitting 20+ in my book.

I love Rodders. Our best player for me.  But at this time we can only get the best of him as the left of a front three. Where he gets some space to run into. Without being an out and out winger. Which he isn't. Up top he does not get the chance to use his pace.  Other than chasing hopeful balls over the top. Cutting in from narrow left he is wicked.

I am sure he will develop. But for now I think that is his position. One of a front two? Not so sure, Maybe, if he pulls wide of his partner. Thought Wilson was class today.  It could work Rodders/Wilson.

Edited by toyahw

I think Devante will score about the same number of goals as he did last season unless he starts to score more from inside the 6 yd box, the so called strikers goals eg the tap ins, those that go in off the knee, the thigh, those that result from a goal mouth scramble etc.

There's something about Devante's game to me that makes him look not an easy striker to form a partnership with, whether it's a little unpredictability or not knowing where his best position is or who best to play alongside him, but it's a very nice puzzle to have to solve or not.

Even another goal scoring year like last year will get the scouts at Vale Park 'cause there's no doubt he has oodles of talent.

Edited by Paul6754

12 hours ago, toyahw said:

I love Rodders. Our best player for me.  But at this time we can only get the best of him as the left of a front three. Where he gets some space to run into. Without being an out and out winger. Which he isn't. Up top he does not get the chance to use his pace.  Other than chasing hopeful balls over the top. Cutting in from narrow left he is wicked.

I am sure he will develop. But for now I think that is his position. One of a front two? Not so sure, Maybe, if he pulls wide of his partner. Thought Wilson was class today.  It could work Rodders/Wilson.

Agreed... he s better wide left in a front 3... he s not quite good enough to play centre forward and it’s hard to see him playing as a second striker..... I m not as convinced as others that he ll even be in our starting line up. Think it will be proctor and Wilson. But we ll see. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I dont know if we would do this unless we were chasing the game but I'd like see Proctor and Wilson upfront together and rodney on the left wing.

Spot on he is a talent is Devante Rodney however we only see it in spurts and the consistency just isn't there in a full 90 minutes ,however I'd like see him when the crowd is up he may be a world beater and that's what he may be with encouragement from the Vale faithful we are passionate I see  with encouragement why he cannot score minimum 15 plus he can and will .

Looking forwards to seeing him play in the flesh not on ifollow especially with me and the railway paddock fanatics urging him on I'm expecting some smashing performances from the lad .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

Mixed bag for me. On the down side, his first touch is not good. On the plus side, he’s strong as an ox, very quick and his goal return last season was decent. All in all, if it’s possible to work on his first touch and add a bit more flexibility to his game re his position he’ll go from just above avarage to very good.

• Like 1

Looking forwards to seeing him play in the flesh not on ifollow especially with me and the railway paddock fanatics urging him on I'm expecting some smashing performances from the lad .
UTV 

Agree with you there. Seems strange that he’s such a key player yet none of us have seen him at Vale Park. I think he will get the crowd going and that in turn could give that extra 10%. Seems like a player who will play to the crowd.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Agree with you there. Seems strange that he’s such a key player yet none of us have seen him at Vale Park. I think he will get the crowd going and that in turn could give that extra 10%. Seems like a player who will play to the crowd.

Nothing better than a player that gets you off your seat and roaring encouragement, hopefully he thrives off this !!!

• Like 2

Has the possibility of becoming a cult hero . Although Covolan might usurp him. 

Can't wait for him running at someone, even just winning a corner and the crowd all up clapping and waving their fists in encouragement . He could thrive off it. 

A bit like this but we are more passionate.