Match thread: Chesterfield v Port Vale (friendly)

robf

No he didn't. He just said they had more corners. Which was a statement of fact. Commentary was fair.
Being tongue in cheek is lost on you isn't it?

You're on my ignore lost but saw I'd been quoted. Is there any way of completely ignoring someone on this site?
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Being tongue in cheek is lost on you isn't it?

You're on my ignore lost but saw I'd been quoted. Is there any way of completely ignoring someone on this site?

It is not. But tongue in cheek does not come over on forums much. So if it was tongue in cheek apologies. I am disappointed that I am on your ignore list. That is your choice of course. I watch all the games and say it as I see it. No more, no less. And always 1000% behind Vale. Regardless of anything, 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

I am <ovf censored> buzzing for next Saturday being able go back to a football match going to be emotional come on vale!!!!

Exactly the same mate , breakfast with my son and the lads, train, couple of sherbets and talking tripe for a few hours. 

Possibly a tear in my eye when they run out and the Vale roar, seems forever since walked away from Cheltenham disappointed we didn't nick the 3 points. 

Bring it on 

• Like 3

Thought we were average at best yesterday but still could have had a couple more with misses from Wilson, Proctor and Worrall.

Plus points were minutes forward the likes of Johnson and Cass, thought Proctor looked useful enough up too and Wilson’s movement was excellent and that goal will hopefully do him some good.

Impossible to read from pre season so onto the real stuff next weekend.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

suppressing the press eh?? aint clever enough.😄

The guy interviewing him is our own media bloke. Whereas the sentinel asked about the red card. 

15 hours ago, Joe B said:

Thank Christ that pre-season is over. 

Now we can get down to the real business; making our judgements at half-time vs Northampton.

Joe, do you think it’ll take as long as 45 mins, I think it’ll be more like 10 minutes

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Exactly the same mate , breakfast with my son and the lads, train, couple of sherbets and talking tripe for a few hours. 

Possibly a tear in my eye when they run out and the Vale roar, seems forever since walked away from Cheltenham disappointed we didn't nick the 3 points. 

Bring it on 

Yeah its deffo going to be emotional, this this next 6 days need to go fast because literally cannot wait

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Did Wilson's goal deflect or just have crazy swerve/dip?

Might have just got a deflection but it was a great left-footed strike with real power, which will do Wilson a world of good.

The interplay with Proctor made me wonder whether Proctor and Wilson might be our best pairing, which would give DC a serious selection problem. 

I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

Might have just got a deflection but it was a great left-footed strike with real power, which will do Wilson a world of good.

The interplay with Proctor made me wonder whether Proctor and Wilson might be our best pairing, which would give DC a serious selection problem. 

I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

If having players doing well is a problem, then what's having players doing badly?

3 hours ago, EricHamesis said:

If having players doing well is a problem, then what's having players doing badly?

Having players doing badly is what we've had for the last three seasons or more - and I guess the answer is unprintable! 🤐

Lets hope DC has plenty of selection problems, the kind of problem where our players are doing so well, it's hard for him to choose between them 🙂

• Like 1

On 31/07/2021 at 18:24, darren1810 said:

I thought that was strange. Jury out I think reading comments it could be down to the referee report.

He's already said he hopes the authorities see commonsense!

Youtube highlights. Wilson's goal is worth a watch.

I'm not a fan of Vale playing 3 at the back. Chesterfield seemed prepared for it and even from the highlights attacking the space behind the wing backs looked a common theme to their attacking plans, also a common out ball for the Spireites was the long ball played behind the wing backs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlWGuT4J2l8

• Like 1