onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Chesterfield v Port Vale (friendly)

robf

Advert

Only question that remains is LWB; Benning or Jones? If it's Benning, then it's Jones or Johnson for LCB. I think pretty much everything else is set.

It would be nice to get a forward in before the kickoff but Clarke seemed to suggest he was content to wait till the end of August. 

I thought DC only likes winning 3 defeats on the bounce and a loss v Stafford Rangers to boot .

Good job they are friendlies .

Away v Chesterfield next I'd start with this team .

Covolan 

Smith Legge Johnson 

Cass Walker Pett Rodney 

Conlon 

Worrall     Wilson 

It's a 3 -4 -1 -2 

I would be telling Worrall to stay right side up front and put Rodney in a position where he can hurt them on the left side I think that will give the Vale the thrust required to stamp there authority on not just this game but every game to come .

Young Cass can do the go for it positive play on the right and free Worrall to roams there's no way Worrall is defensive minded ,neither should he be we need him to influence games he can we have seen it many times ,

Johnsons good enough do the left side on his own and when required Conlon can drop back and also Rodney has the pace help out when on back foot ,as for Rodney feel he doesn't get involved enough up front let him use his blistering pace to trouble there defensive full backs by being told to roam like  Worrall no set position but taking the game to the opposition can always change formation when game is won but go about the games positively and show INTENT and gain much confidence from releasing our attacking prowess if indeed we have any .

That's my team yes Benning and Jones miss out but just because they do not start doesn't mean they do not get on like for example if long throw is required if 1 down with 15 to go then you use whatevers at your disposal.

Come on Vale get some confidencefrom a W by your name as losing 3 on the bounce abiet in friendlies shows a lack of character so lets starting showing some regardless of whether the opposition is allegedly better than us because if that's the mentality then it as to change as we have Sunderland soon and I want a win v them for sure as thats a statement in my book .

UTV 

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

I thought DC only likes winning 3 defeats on the bounce and a loss v Stafford Rangers to boot .

Good job they are friendlies .

Away v Chesterfield next I'd start with this team .

Covolan 

Smith Legge Johnson 

Cass Walker Pett Rodney 

Conlon 

Worrall     Wilson 

It's a 3 -4 -1 -2 

I would be telling Worrall to stay right side up front and put Rodney in a position where he can hurt them on the left side I think that will give the Vale the thrust required to stamp there authority on not just this game but every game to come .

Young Cass can do the go for it positive play on the right and free Worrall to roams there's no way Worrall is defensive minded ,neither should he be we need him to influence games he can we have seen it many times ,

Johnsons good enough do the left side on his own and when required Conlon can drop back and also Rodney has the pace help out when on back foot ,as for Rodney feel he doesn't get involved enough up front let him use his blistering pace to trouble there defensive full backs by being told to roam like  Worrall no set position but taking the game to the opposition can always change formation when game is won but go about the games positively and show INTENT and gain much confidence from releasing our attacking prowess if indeed we have any .

That's my team yes Benning and Jones miss out but just because they do not start doesn't mean they do not get on like for example if long throw is required if 1 down with 15 to go then you use whatevers at your disposal.

Come on Vale get some confidencefrom a W by your name as losing 3 on the bounce abiet in friendlies shows a lack of character so lets starting showing some regardless of whether the opposition is allegedly better than us because if that's the mentality then it as to change as we have Sunderland soon and I want a win v them for sure as thats a statement in my book .

UTV 

I love how you have given a rigorous break down of team selection based on a bunch of players you have watched play together once via a facebook stream from some punters Nokia in the Lorne St.

I'm not looking for 'Character' from a friendly against Chesterfield, just the same amount of professionalism they've brought to the whole of this pre-season so far.

Worrall no set position, Johnson on the left side 'on his own', Legge back in and all settling in to a nice and familiar 3-4-1-2.

Some people are mental.

I love how you have given a rigorous break down of team selection based on a bunch of players you have watched play together once via a facebook stream from some punters Nokia in the Lorne St.

I'm not looking for 'Character' from a friendly against Chesterfield, just the same amount of professionalism they've brought to the whole of this pre-season so far.

Worrall no set position, Johnson on the left side 'on his own', Legge back in and all settling in to a nice and familiar 3-4-1-2.

Some people are mental.
I'm concerned at your ability to assess the quality of the playing staff when you've chosen that username

13 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I'm concerned at your ability to assess the quality of the playing staff when you've chosen that username emoji23.png

7 appearances and 1 famous own goal is enough for the guy to be cemented in memory. My post count is low incase I accidentally curse anything whilst using his name. 😁

Seriously though, I wouldn't change much from Tuesday night selection wise unless management wanted to 'get minutes' in for certain players. 

I promise you I'm just a 30 something geezer from Bradeley.

1 hour ago, Jermaine Holwynn said:

Some people are mental.

Ha maybe I am mental but I know that I do not want David Worrall running back towards our goal defending as a right half when his strength is going towards the oppositions goal .

Seriously does Rodney do much in the centre forwards role apart from make the oppositions centre halfs think twice about pushing up ,come on out wide he is a asset I watched enough games last season to resoundingly say that. 

Everything else well you could change the personnel but unless you have your better players doing what they are good at doing there are  going be  lot of 0s by our name .

I've watched football for 42 years I understand football and I want Vale to be dangerous not boring .

7 appearances and 1 famous own goal is enough for the guy to be cemented in memory. My post count is low incase I accidentally curse anything whilst using his name.

Seriously though, I wouldn't change much from Tuesday night selection wise unless management wanted to 'get minutes' in for certain players. 

I promise you I'm just a 30 something geezer from Bradeley.
I think THAT game left an indelible memory in everybody who witnessed it, which is probably why even now, when Vale are leading by some margin and seemingly cruising, we all breathe a sigh of relief at the final whistle whenever we win

Archived