Jump to content

Biden/Harris


Regal Beagle
 Share

Recommended Posts

Advert:


41 minutes ago, For Us All said:

July 8th - Biden assures Americans that a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan "is not inevitable" and denies that US intelligence assessed that the Afghan goverment would likely collapse.

Obviously a lack of intelligence on the situation in Afghanistan,  was the Afghan Army mainly on paper, and the Taliban already in control of the country? After 180 years there of  UK 3 wars, Russia 25 years, US 20 years with  no wins is anyone any wiser on what makes the country tick?  Cant expect an here today gone tomorrow politician on the other side of the world to be any wiser. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the left wing, main stream media in the USA have turned on Biden for the shambolic mess he's created in Afghanistan. This is the same media who have protected, hidden, covered up and lied for Joe Biden for the last 3+ years, not even they could paper over or ignore this total Biden created debacle.

Pompeo says it  all in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=017yqiMcjhw

 

Edited by Paul6754

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, For Us All said:

Oh,stop it.There's never a good time to withdraw but Biden was clearly responsible for this shambolic retreat that put millions of Afghans at risk.He simply didn't have a plan.

FUA, Biden isn't capable of deciding what's a good plan and what's a bad plan, the poor guy is in cognitive decline and it's sad to see. He is hardly ever seen in public, hardly ever gives an interview and when he does never goes off script or takes questions at the end. Just who is leading the USA right now is open to question as Biden is not capable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

FUA, Biden isn't capable of deciding what's a good plan and what's a bad plan, the poor guy is in cognitive decline and it's sad to see. He is hardly ever seen in public, hardly ever gives an interview and when he does never goes off script or takes questions at the end. Just who is leading the USA right now is open to question as Biden is not capable. 

Yet over 80 million people thought he was a better bet than Trump. Makes you wonder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


Advert:


Interesting stuff from CNN reporter on the ground in Kabul.  She says she was told by intellegence people there three days before the Taliban arrived that potentially the city could be surrounded in 30 days.  No one was expecting what happened but apparently Biden should have been.  The interview starts in about a minute after the introductory crap.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I received this from a doctor friend of mine who worked on public health and reconstruction as a civilian volunteer alongside military operations  Afghanistan (2007/08).  I asked him if in his experience, he thought the return of the Taliban was inevitable.  Here is his reply.

"Yes I think it was inevitable that the Taliban would be back, partly because they never really went away.  What surprised me was just how quickly the Afghan National Army evaporated and let them walk into Kabul almost unopposed.  We and the US invested a lot of time and effort (and some lives) into mentoring the ANA - we called the teams OMLTs, Operational Mentoring and Liaison Teams, as recorded brilliantly by Patrick Hennessey, who was part of one.

The fundamental problem was clear in 2008 and did not get better later: the government was run by a very dubious crowd indeed, up to their eyes in the drug trade, and the average ANA soldier felt no allegiance to them and expected they would get no backing from them.  The difficulty was that if we had backed the Northern Alliance instead (who have failed to rematerialise in the aftermath of the collapse) it would have alienated the Pashtun population who are the internal backers of the Taliban from the very start.  It was a dilemma, but the solution, hoping that the institution of government would somehow command loyalty despite the crooks occupying the positions in it, was bound to fail.  If another solution could have been found I do think that the prospects would have been a lot brighter.  Failing that, NATO was in for a long haul until a better breed of politician emerged - and it would have, given the rising education levels especially of women - but, in the end, the long haul proved too much for their resolve."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, For Us All said:

FactCheck.Org actually.

Odd that you were unaware then of Trump's clamouring to leave Afghan, and criticising Biden for not doing it sooner. Or that he personally directed the release from prison of the new Taliban warlord a few years ago.

Almost like you deliberately ignored those facts to suit your agenda. Almost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


38 minutes ago, Doha said:

Odd that you were unaware then of Trump's clamouring to leave Afghan, and criticising Biden for not doing it sooner. Or that he personally directed the release from prison of the new Taliban warlord a few years ago.

Almost like you deliberately ignored those facts to suit your agenda. Almost. 

Come on,we talked about some of this on Monday.Trump did want to leave on May 1st but Biden changed it to Sept 11th.Didnt he own it from then on?He must have had a plan and a timeline for evacuating troops and citizens,once he had changed the date,he must have been advised by the CIA on what was likely to happen.Am I wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Come on,we talked about some of this on Monday.Trump did want to leave on May 1st but Biden changed it to Sept 11th.Didnt he own it from then on?He must have had a plan and a timeline for evacuating troops and citizens,once he had changed the date,he must have been advised by the CIA on what was likely to happen.Am I wrong?

Yes.  The CIA and the rest of the intelligence community were taken by surprise - see the CNN reporter above who was told in Kabul that it would be 30 days before the city was surrounded.  There was a clear expectation that the ANA would put up some sort of resistance and the leadership wouldn't just run off across the border. 

It's been a cock up but you can't lay the blame solely at the feet of Biden. 

Edited by Jacko51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Yes.  The CIA and the rest of the intelligence community were taken by surprise - see the CNN reporter above who was told in Kabul that it would be 30 days before the city was surrounded.  There was a clear expectation that the ANA would put up some sort of resistance and the leadership wouldn't just run off across the border. 

It's been a cock up but you can't lay the blame solely at the feet of Biden. 

I have already said twice that they are both been at fault,Trump when he was President but Biden must be made accountable for the latest fiasco,he can't keep blaming Trump for everything.We'll never know if Trumps withdrawal would  have been any different but he's no longer in charge.As the current President said "the buck stops here",over to you Joe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF

×
×
  • Create New...