Biden/Harris

Regal Beagle

How do we feel about their new immigration policies?

This one seems a bit Trump like to me:

Kamala Harris tells Guatemala migrants: 'Do not come to US' - BBC News

And this is straight out of the Farage playbook, although arguably worse considering the known heightened tensions in Cuba/Haiti.

Homeland Security chief says U.S. will not give refuge to those fleeing Cuba and Haiti by boat - CBS News

I dunno, It seems like it would result in less crime, fewer deaths, less strain on the border. Have they finally aced something? Bit weird that the media hasn't really published all the left wing outrage though. Or the massive u-turn from their electioneering when this kind of "racism" was one of the things they went on the attack against.

Chalk it up as a win for Donny T? or is that too much?

They'll be building a wall next.

4 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

How do we feel about their new immigration policies?

This one seems a bit Trump like to me:

Kamala Harris tells Guatemala migrants: 'Do not come to US' - BBC News

And this is straight out of the Farage playbook, although arguably worse considering the known heightened tensions in Cuba/Haiti.

Homeland Security chief says U.S. will not give refuge to those fleeing Cuba and Haiti by boat - CBS News

I dunno, It seems like it would result in less crime, fewer deaths, less strain on the border. Have they finally aced something? Bit weird that the media hasn't really published all the left wing outrage though. Or the massive u-turn from their electioneering when this kind of "racism" was one of the things they went on the attack against.

Chalk it up as a win for Donny T? or is that too much?

They'll be building a wall next.

In Donald Trump the USA had a President who put America first, now America has a President who puts America last.

Joe Biden's vow was to unite America but now America is more divided than ever. The question is, "Who is really in charge" as Biden's mental health is sadly in decline and there's no hiding it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmINVi5BKuk

There wasn't any hiding it 12 months ago to be fair.

It's genuinely one of the most laughable lies ever told, that Biden suffers from a childhood stutter (than coincidentally was unnoticeable during the majority of his 50 year political career and only came about when he reach an elderly age. 

I've said before but can you remember when they spent days analysing footage of Trump walking a bit oddly down a ramp, speculating that this could be the sign of a stroke or some other illness. 

I think it tells you all you need to know that not one of them has had the courage of their convictions to post in this thread. Even they don't believe it. It's so blatant, even the democrats aren't trying to hide it.

Edited by Regal Beagle

On 26/07/2021 at 19:04, Paul6754 said:

In Donald Trump the USA had a President who put America first, now America has a President who puts America last.

Joe Biden's vow was to unite America but now America is more divided than ever. The question is, "Who is really in charge" as Biden's mental health is sadly in decline and there's no hiding it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmINVi5BKuk

Trouble is Trump is nuts!!

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, For Us All said:

Do you think Biden made the right decision when he withdrew US troops from Afghanistan?

Do you think Trump did when he started the process, and criticised Biden's future plans in terms of not doing it earlier?

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/18/politics/trump-afghanistan-troop-withdrawal/index.html

.Trump said that while leaving Afghanistan is "a wonderful and positive thing to do," he had set a May 1 withdrawal deadline and added that "we should keep as close to that schedule as possible."

"I wish Joe Biden wouldn't use September 11 as the date to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan, for two reasons. First, we can and should get out earlier. 

Do you think Trump made the right decision when he personally intervened to order the release from prison the new Taliban warlord president of Afghanistan?

2 hours ago, Doha said:

Do you think Trump did when he started the process, and criticised Biden's future plans in terms of not doing it earlier?

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/18/politics/trump-afghanistan-troop-withdrawal/index.html

Do you think Trump made the right decision when he personally intervened to order the release from prison the new Taliban warlord president of Afghanistan?

Yes,but Biden decided to accept and implement the process.He didn't have to agree with it.He's reversing everything else Trump did so what's so different about this?

42 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Strange that,he's reversed most of Trump's policies?

Again, I think Biden's handling of the withdrawal has been poor, tunnel-visioned, and informed by poor intelligence.

I also think Trump has to shoulder significant blame for this for negotiating a poor Doha agreement without the involvement of the Afghan Government, and creating political pressure for the withdrawal of American forces. 

The tragic scenes we're witnessing are a culmination of a litany of errors. Biden is a part of that. Your issue is putting blame solely on Biden, and interpreting my criticism of other actors as a defence of Biden.

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Again, I think Biden's handling of the withdrawal has been poor, tunnel-visioned, and informed by poor intelligence.

I also think Trump has to shoulder significant blame for this for negotiating a poor Doha agreement without the involvement of the Afghan Government, and creating political pressure for the withdrawal of American forces. 

The tragic scenes we're witnessing are a culmination of a litany of errors. Biden is a part of that. Your issue is putting blame solely on Biden, and interpreting my criticism of other actors as a defence of Biden.

Blame also lies with the NATO countries, if they had done their share in Afghanistan, instead of leaving it mostly to the Americans to provide troops.

3 hours ago, For Us All said:

Yes,but Biden decided to accept and implement the process.He didn't have to agree with it.He's reversing everything else Trump did so what's so different about this?

You know as well as I do that reversing it would have been political suicide and in the way he is being attacked by Republicans now for withdrawing, they'd have eviscerated him for perpetuating a foreign conflict. It was a lose lose situation that could have been mitigated with a more phased withdrawal. The ANA have all the kit in the world but are useless. A more phased withdrawal giving people time to get out should have been the plan, not this sudden capitulation and having to send thousands of blokes back out to defend the airfield and exfil westerners and Afghan translators. 

I'm glad you agree Trump got this very wrong initially. Only he could have released the new Taliban warlord from prison ffs, you couldn't write it. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

They are both at fault and the quicker they admit that the better.

We'll see what Biden has to say later on tonight?

This Afghanistan fiasco happened 7 months into a Biden administration and the blame falls squarely on Biden's shoulders. Biden not getting most of the people out before telling the enemy the pull out schedule must be as dumb a move as possible. 

Biden massively overestimated the resolve of the Afghan army to stand up and be counted, a huge error in judgement.

Trump quite rightly decided to get out of Afghanistan and 12,500 Americans returned back to the US (Leaving ca  2,500) without the Taliban entering any provincial capital never mind Kabul because they knew there would be consequences if they did, Trump never committed to  a pull out date, he including caveats the Taliban had to meet for one to happen in the agreement.

Biden's attempt to deflect the blame onto Trump comes from the same school as the attempt to deflect the blame for the catastrophe at the southern border on Trump and likewise trying to take credit for the vaccines.

In a short time Biden has clearly shown he is unfit to be president of the USA.

Edited by Paul6754