Advert

Advert

Carol on the Today programme

robf

7 minutes ago, Doha said:

No he doesn't.

What Toyah said.

I can't believe I'm reading this tbh. 

I've lost a family member very soon after taking the vaccine, admittedly elderly but she was on medication to control seizures. The seizures came back closely followed by a stroke from which she didn't recover. I appreciate the vaccine may have saved lives and covid is dangerous to some but you'll perhaps forgive me for being sceptical of how it reacts with other medications people might be on. 

I won't say anymore on the matter as we'll probably have to agree to disagree, but everyone should have a choice when it comes to issues like this. 

Advert

Leon has gone way beyond concerns about clashes with his seizure medication. Whatever he does is his business but spouting nonsense on public platforms is not. He is a conspiracy theorist. He reckons the last uptick was actually hey fever. 

Anyone interested, this is what epilepsy.org.uk say.....

Some research suggests people with epilepsy could have a slightly increased risk of getting seriously ill or dying from coronavirus. Because of this possible slight increased risk, people with epilepsy aged 16-64 were invited to receive the COVID-19 vaccine earlier than people without underlying health conditions.

The Association of British Neurologists says all COVID-19 vaccines are safe for people with neurological conditions such as epilepsy. The COVID-19 vaccines approved for use in the UK have met the strict safety standards set by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Authority (MHRA). So far, millions of people have received a COVID-19 vaccine and reports of serious side-effects, such as allergic reactions, have been very rare.

COVID-19 vaccines are not expected to interact with epilepsy medicines. This means the vaccine should not affect how your medicines work, and your medicines should not affect the vaccine.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) and epilepsy | COVID-19 | Epilepsy Action

But it's all a conspiracy...... 

Archived