onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

OVF feature: Not much honesty or loyalty – Tom Pope on Port Vale exit and Congleton switch

News Feed

Thinking about Popey has he issued a statement thanking the fans for there support over the years?, a mate a Man City fan told me he hadnt heard away support for one player like he got at the Eitihad can't say I've seen anything and any problems he might have had weren't our fault

Advert

I was already undecided whether I would attend a testimonial for TP - which I thought he deserved. But, at no time after he was released did he turn round and thank the fans, and the club for supporting him through his ban, and injury and his obviously declining form, over the last 2 years. Now - with this vile outburst - he has dumped on all those who supported him...because of their loyalty to him. So, definitely, not a penny more from me goes to his pocket, and the most recent memories of his time at the Vale are not great!  

4 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I was already undecided whether I would attend a testimonial for TP - which I thought he deserved. But, at no time after he was released did he turn round and thank the fans, and the club for supporting him through his ban, and injury and his obviously declining form, over the last 2 years. Now - with this vile outburst - he has dumped on all those who supported him...because of their loyalty to him. So, definitely, not a penny more from me goes to his pocket, and the most recent memories of his time at the Vale are not great!  

Agreed.  He could have expressed disappointment but shown his ‘gratitude’ to the fans, yet he can’t even pay lip service to those who have helped swell his sizeable pay packet.  It’s taken him 3 months to come out with this bitter rant without a word of thanks.

if many of his performances over the last 2 years had been delivered by Barnett, Quigley, Bennett, Guthrie, Robinson there would have been page after page of dogs abuse, but it was largely forgiven because it was Tom.

He was a regular during the bad run that led to Askeys sacking, and if this was his attitude no doubt a big part of any dressing room disruption that was part and parcel of this.

Leaves a very sour taste from a bitter player who was way past his sell by date.  Norm left us saddled with a contract a year too long, Carol could have sacked him for his Twitter antics, and yet he has had no loyalty! Delusional and self centred.

And yet some still believe the club could have progressed with him involved with his very jaundiced views!

Guest Vale at home
2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

It would be interesting to know which other clubs higher in the football pyramid came in for Popey proving his point that he still had alot to offer at this level.  Or did he really drop down all those leagues because it was Hobsons choice ?

Yes .I agree .

What a disappointing ending to Tom's career at the Vale, he would have been welcomed back at Vale Park with open arms I'm sure, but it seems to me he has chosen to leave and drop a few bombs on his way, it's very sad that so many are unhappy at his interview.

No doubting what Tom did for the Club during our promotion season, however after he left and went to Bury, sadly some fans like the Allen's came across as though Pope was bigger than the Club, even wanting him to score for Bury against us. Sorry but that all left a sour taste towards after that, as I did get the impression at times as though he felt he was bigger than the Club and could potentially be disruptive behind the scenes. Obviously just my own personally opinion.

Again, yes he brought us some excellent memories, however sorry Tom your not bigger than PVFC

I totally get what’ he’s saying but in reality I don’t think he should be verbalising it right now. I know that Askey wanted him out, and I’d be pissed off too if Robinson was playing in front of me, but at the same time I’d be doing my best to put that right to the best of my abilities and asking myself why I’m not getting picked. 

Has Tom at any point put out a statement on Twitter thanking the fans?

he was radio stoke last week with Blakeman was anything said then? 

Archived