Match Thread: Port Vale v Sheff Wed (friendly)

robf

4 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Could be the preferred 3-5-2?

Covolan

Smith Martin Johnson

Worrall Walker Conlon Pett Jones 

Wilson Rodney

I like the look of that if Walker sits and allows Conlon and Pett to get forward. 

Worrall has the engine to play right wing back although would concern me a little defensively.

• Like 1

Sheffield Wednesday lineup:

Liam Palmer
Sam Hutchinson
Dennis Adeniran
Andre Green
Lewis Wing
Massimo Luongo
Olamide Shodipo
Dom Iorfa
Jack Hunt
Horede Adedoyin
Bailey Peacock-Farrell

Subs:

F.Dele-Bashiru
C.Dunkley
J.Wildsmith
A.Hunt
J.Brown
C.Brennan
R.Galvin
C.Hagan

Strong team! Should be a good test to see where we're at.

7 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

I like the look of that if Walker sits and allows Conlon and Pett to get forward. 

Worrall has the engine to play right wing back although would concern me a little defensively.

Agree and Worrall could be be that cream crackered that he's less effective in creating. 

Lot of tweaks for Clarke to decide on . 

Was hoping it might have been available for streaming for us outside the area. Nevermind. Will make that first trip back to VP even more special.

Enjoy the return and atmosphere to everyone going tonight. Its been a long time coming.

Here's to a injury free night. Up the vale 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Surprised no Benning in the starting line-up. Looks like DC's going for his strongest/favoured team which surely should have MB in it

If he isn’t starting then that tells me he may be looking at other options on the left or they don’t want to give him too many minutes tonight because of the preseason load? Because Benning is a nailed on starter for me when the season begins. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 4

We've played some nice quick football the long throw is causing havoc even from within our own half but we look really exposed down the flanks and the new keeper is looking like he's going to be fun to watch this season

4 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

How are we looking in terms of the quality of football against league 1 opposition? 

More than holding our own. Sheff Wednesday will walk League One.

• Thanks 1

We've played some nice quick football the long throw is causing havoc even from within our own half but we look really exposed down the flanks and the new keeper is looking like he's going to be fun to watch this season
The flanks issue is really worrying me. We looked very iffy and exposed against NF for the same reason.