onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Sheff Wed (friendly)

robf

4 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Still no Taylor? That must be some knock he's picked up.

Mr H you're scaring me, I was thinking exactly the same again after reading the info about the Sheff Wed game last night.  I do hope Taylor gets a fair shake and it's not a case of "Not invented here syndrome".

Advert

18 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Went to the game tonight. I came away impressed. Thought we looked a decent outfit against opposition from the league above. Controlled sections of the game & unfortunate to lose the game.

Played some good football & there were some good individual performances. Covolan had a good game with a couple of super saves. One from a header late 2nd half was unbelievable. 

Pett looks a very tidy player, comfortable on the ball & can turn on a sixpence. Walker looked steady & is a presence infront of the back 3. Conlon worked hard. Rodders & Wilson worked hard but couldn't quite get into the game as they'd have wanted.

Martin, Johnson & Jones did well as a back 3. All 3 look like big lads & we're decent & strong on the ball.

Overall thought we more than held our own against them. We conceded the 2nd after just making subs & the first was from a corner which DC will not be happy about.

Only pre season but was great to be back in Vale Park & I thought we looked a decent outfit at times.

Great to get a positive prospective from someone who went to game, thanks, keep believing it could be our golden year 

29 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:
No Leon Legge I see again he is a leader in both boxes along with Worrall and Conlon be first name on team majority of games in my opinion .
Watched it on a stream as working nights and couldn't really be bothered for a friendly ,thought we were not good enough on a whole on what I could see although we passed it well at times and second half did better in terms of keeping the ball but Sheffield Wednesday exploited too easily on occasions and we missed Leon's win everything aerially from there set pieces .
It's hard tell from the stream from the 
Lorne Street though so even though I watched it was hard see up the away end ,crowd was quiet need more anger and up for it Ness when season starts .
Just brought a season ticket first one in about 5 years stopped getting one after disgracefully losing 5-0 at home to Walsall last game years ago no idea when just had 10 gamers since,l so let's hope the players have a great campaign and the fanbase are more agitated and spur the players on to better .
UTV 

How did you watch it on a stream? I thought there was no stream?

It was on Up the Vale m8 he was filming it off his phone .

About 100 folk watching it then eventually went to 224 at the end of game ,I wouldn't usually watch it but it being a friendly thought I'd give it a watch .

18 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

On a positive note , the Railway Stand bogs were flooded . Nothing changes

I mentioned that to Carol, just purely in a good spirit, partic as obviously she wants new fans to be impressed if we are to increase potential fan base. She replied that she would pass onto the facilities team, and then within 30 mins she wrote back that a new drain was being installed as she typed. She must of had her Weetabix today 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20210728-172838_Messenger.jpg

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

It was on Up the Vale m8 he was filming it off his phone .

About 100 folk watching it then eventually went to 224 at the end of game ,I wouldn't usually watch it but it being a friendly thought I'd give it a watch .

You can't seriously be forming views on the team 'not being good enough' from someone filming the game off his phone in the stands? 😂

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

You can't seriously be forming views on the team 'not being good enough' from someone filming the game off his phone in the stands? 😂

I didn't say they were not good enough I have no idea if  they are going be or not and I'm hardly going having seen none of the friendlies bar the one last night from someone in lorne Street could hardly tell who played well and who didn't as thar far away from the action .

I expect all the players be great or bare minimum be good, Vale fans expect and there efforts will be telling in how much home support turns up ,the players be the judge of that theres a decent size stadium fill it the best you can that's my message for them .

Just a quick note - Did anybody else notice the "Thanks for your support" banner go up on the scoreboard after they announced the attendance?

The eagle eyed may have spotted that there's a lovely image of Carol & Kevin one side & our old friend, John Askey on the other!

Bet DC had to double take...

Archived