onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Northampton 1st game. Tickets

Advert

The standard with the ticket office is 5 rings and then straight to voicemail on a normal day, never mind during a rush for limited tickets. I'm sure we've had screenshots posted on here showing how people have tried to ring up like 60+ times without success. The system is really poor tbh, not even to have a queuing system by now is puzzling. Sort them out Carol. 

Years ago Ted asked me to hold while he checked something, forgot about me, then tried to send an outbound fax on the same line while I was still waiting patiently, then cut me off. Nothing ever really changes down the Vale. 

It was explained to me that last weekend it was 4 serving over the counter and 1 picking up the phone. The one answering the phone had to take the order, process payment and then put tickets in envelope etc. Obviously when doing this they are then not answering other calls. 

You can see where the problem lies, its not through lack of staff but they just need a simple queuing system for telephone calls as Doha says....then at least even if you were 100th in the queue it was up to you whether to hold on rather than repeatedly trying to redial 

I would think an online system for away tickets is more tricky than first imagined... Allocation can be variable and can come at short notice, complementaries, disabled access, concessions, "we want to sit together", "we dont want anything in front 3 rows" , failed card payments, capacity of website etc etc.

You must of experienced standing behind 'those people' in a queue before!

Its obviously 'doable' but presents more of a challenge

And anyway it would take away the fun of finally getting one 🙂

I hate being critical of off-the-field stuff, but the lack of progress on ticket/databases is disappointing. Surely someone new is needed, with experience of that sort of field, to implement some change. Daft that we have Vale fans, wanting to chuck money at the club, sat on hold as one lone staff member answers and processes numerous phone calls.

There should be an easy online ticketing system, with details saved. There should be folks drafting in to work the phones for busy games. There should be more staff on the front desk to avoid silly queues for League 2 football matches. I don't feel any of this is too difficult/expensive to implement.

We should move towards a loyalty scheme (simple points allocation to your account every time you buy a ST, away ticket, or spend in the shop), which can be redeemed for either shop discounts or priority for away games. It wouldn't take much.

It'd be out of order if I was demanding vast investment into it all, but bar the loyalty scheme I've not suggested anything that would cost much money in the long run, and would probably offer a return on the investment very soon.

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I hate being critical of off-the-field stuff, but the lack of progress on ticket/databases is disappointing. Surely someone new is needed, with experience of that sort of field, to implement some change. Daft that we have Vale fans, wanting to chuck money at the club, sat on hold as one lone staff member answers and processes numerous phone calls.

There should be an easy online ticketing system, with details saved. There should be folks drafting in to work the phones for busy games. There should be more staff on the front desk to avoid silly queues for League 2 football matches. I don't feel any of this is too difficult/expensive to implement.

We should move towards a loyalty scheme (simple points allocation to your account every time you buy a ST, away ticket, or spend in the shop), which can be redeemed for either shop discounts or priority for away games. It wouldn't take much.

It'd be out of order if I was demanding vast investment into it all, but bar the loyalty scheme I've not suggested anything that would cost much money in the long run, and would probably offer a return on the investment very soon.

Agreed on all that. For what it’s worth when the lady in the ticket office called me back earlier she did mention the club are looking at going to an online system for away tickets later this season though had some technicalities they needed to sort before rolling it out.

Archived