onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

HMRC issue winding up order

IanW

Advert

The miller issue is the one thing that seems to have flown under the radar. The timing suggests that he resigned from the board in December but was kept secret as the board was running illegally, and as soon as admin became obvious it was announced he had resigned. And surprise surprise the next day...

Also, the most disgusting thing about the whole affair that really makes me sick to the stomach, is that one person has come out of this with all his money and 8 years of freebies and wages. Just happens to be the architect of the whole affair. Absolutely stomach churningly disgusting.

That would be a really stupid thing to do because all decisions taken requiring board approval would be ultra vires and the remaining directors would be personally liable for losses arising.

=== It is a sad day indeed.

I have read most of the comments on here and think I have a better understanding of how things may work.

However we only have 3 Directors so are we able to go into Admin? I have been a fan for 29 years despite only been 36..I have managed to have 2 season tickets in that time and one was for the awful Dean Glover season..I have been attending matches since I was 16 and have fond memories of great games at Vale Park.. I hope the memories will continue and this mess can be sorted out. My thoughts are with the normal staff who may not get paid as times are hard enough at the moment and also to the players..Hopefully, we can continue to play well as we will need the points. Keep the faith.===

The miller issue is the one thing that seems to have flown under the radar. The timing suggests that he resigned from the board in December but was kept secret as the board was running illegally, and as soon as admin became obvious it was announced he had resigned. And surprise surprise the next day...

Strange isnt it.... can the chair/board member resign without giving notice

Also, the most disgusting thing about the whole affair that really makes me sick to the stomach, is that one person has come out of this with all his money and 8 years of freebies and wages. Just happens to be the architect of the whole affair. Absolutely stomach churningly disgusting.

You are so right...............It should never ever be forgotten,the damage he has caused is irreparable and put our club on the brink

For the club to be desperate to borrow £300,000 now and another £300,000 just before Christmas, there would have had to have been a budget shortfall of £600,000.

Unless the fans who stopped going have cost the club £600,000 it was always going to struggle regardless of any boycott.

More likely to be increased admin wages and expenses.======

Are Radio Sjoke actually going to do any reports of this, if it was them down the road everything else would have been cancelled by now!! :ohmy:

The hurdle here is that BBC journalistic policies require independent verification of the facts of stories. High standards of reporting, fewer errors, but slower.

Was just speaking with a few directors in my company (out of the area) about the situation (including the financial director) and they all said the same thing - That it's a very drastic step that only happens when the directors have not reacted quickly enough to appoint an administrator, that we will need to react VERY quickly to pay them and that the directors should have had us in administration before this happened to protect the club....

just picked this quote up out of rhe senntinel from a hmrc spokesman

it made me shudder to think what the board have been upto

"Any business that regards paying tax as an optional extra, or that uses tax collected from employees or customers as working capital, is heading for trouble.:ohmy::ohmy:

Its the way they talk to frighten small firms, but they are right, firms should be run properly not at the expense of the tax payers. Rangers are a different case, that was a tax evasion scheme dispute, not simple tardy payments like the Vale.

Archived