Match thread: Port Vale v Nottingham Forest (friendly)

robf

Advert:

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Whilst I agree about it being a friendly etc… it’s a fair enough question. Why did we wear black and why did we not think it wouldn’t be a good idea in near 30 degree heat???

Pretty sure I heard Bowers say that the home shirts weren't quite ready or something. Today we could have helped ourselves more by keeping the ball better.

18 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

As for the performance, I don’t see much evidence of the squad being as big an improvement on last seasons as was needed. 

Very early days of course but the gap between ourselves and Forest did seem rather big. 

Lincoln lost 5-0 to Boston today.

I wouldn’t take much notice of pre season and certainly wouldn’t use it as the yard stick of improvement vs last years squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pheonix Vale said:

Not very Good - A bad choice of Strip for a VERY hot day ! ALL BLACK -It should have been ALL WHITE or at least White Shirts. Inaccurate passing, very few shots or headers on target, They won't get in the Play-offs with that quality of football, very disappointing.

They won't be playing against teams of Forest's class, either - except in Cup matches! That kind of heat impairs your judgment...slack passing will be corrected.

21 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Looking purely at what I saw from that game, I do agree. The black shirts thing seemed stupid given the heat, as it does make a difference. 

As for the performance, I don’t see much evidence of the squad being as big an improvement on last seasons as was needed. 

Very early days of course but the gap between ourselves and Forest did seem rather big. 

As previously stated the white strip was not available 

• Like 1

Advert:

Advert:

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Too early to judge but I hope the keeper improves. Thought his distribution was a bit iffy at best. First game back ect so should improve hopefully. 

You must have been watching a different game… if you are talking about Covolan his distribution was good and certainly better than Browns.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, rob1983 said:

Is it just me or does flitcroft just talk a good game. Talked himself into the cushy job. Not seen nowt to change my mind.

This was your post shortly before we went on a run of winning 8 out of 9 games. Your mind may not be the best judge 👍

F4EC47AA-00B6-4AC8-B11A-49F46D9D30A2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, rob1983 said:

Is it just me or does flitcroft just talk a good game. Talked himself into the cushy job. Not seen nowt to change my mind.

What were you expecting him to have achieved by now 😂😂 only been in the role a few months some fans are baffling

Advert:

You cant just throw 11 players on a pitch that have barely played together and expect us to look like a solid outfit its going to take time, i would imagine we will have a mix of results and performances at the start of the season some good and bad, but it will be simply them working out eachothers game. Look at bolton they made a large amount of signings last year and started the league terribly then they came good. We all need a bit of patience at the start of the season because it will take time. It might not take as long as bolton did to get going but i think we might have a slow start to the season, if we dont great. But lets not lose our heads if we lose a couple in our first few games

• Like 5

I'm almost looking forward to us losing on Day 1. Be absolute turmoil on here. Proper headloss in all quarters. Grown men making a right show of themselves. Will crack open a beer and enjoy. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2