onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Port Vale v Nottingham Forest (friendly)

robf

Advert

You cant just throw 11 players on a pitch that have barely played together and expect us to look like a solid outfit its going to take time, i would imagine we will have a mix of results and performances at the start of the season some good and bad, but it will be simply them working out eachothers game. Look at bolton they made a large amount of signings last year and started the league terribly then they came good. We all need a bit of patience at the start of the season because it will take time. It might not take as long as bolton did to get going but i think we might have a slow start to the season, if we dont great. But lets not lose our heads if we lose a couple in our first few games

I'd have hated play in that heat today .

Didn't watch it apart the last 5 mins so cannot judge and to be honest the higher level team who keeps the ball is always going be more at ease in hot weather than the plucky we will play for long throws team and try nick a goal team .

2-0 after 26 mins on a hiding to nothing and that was the case .

Not sure what some people were expecting in that heat.  Once Forest took the lead we were chasing shadows for a lot of the time and it just became too much.  We played quite well first half I thought.

If I had a couple of criticisms I’d say we were a bit wasteful with the ball and how we conceded the 2 goals was fairly poor, although the first was a good strike.  Other than that there were positives, until we ran out of gas.

Having been up early I fell asleep second half which I think says it all about how arsed I am about the result of that game.

Anyone unironically losing the plot after losing a pre-season friendly in outrageous summer heat to a championship side when the Vale team was made up of unfamiliar players playing an unfamiliar formation including a centre mid out of his comfort zone at RB needs help. 

Think DC's interview pretty much sums it up perfectly. Not good enough, lots of work to do and the team looked shattered. But that's what pre seasons is all about, getting these performances out the way. 

Positive is that we should here some news on the trialist Dyer, Solanke, Griffiths and Lennon in the coming days. 

12 hours ago, rob1983 said:

Is it just me or does flitcroft just talk a good game. Talked himself into the cushy job. Not seen nowt to change my mind.

You can’t be for real? He’s been in the role now for 6 months. In that period he’s appointed Clarke; appointed Crosby; helped bridge the gap between the academy and the first team by appointing Rooney; made plans for a new training ground; he’s been a part of the overhaul of a new squad (releasing 15 and signing 12); and there is probably a hell of a lot behind the scenes which we just simply don’t see. 

Give the bloke time to implement his ideas, we’ve not played a competitive game in over two months. 

13 hours ago, LancyTony said:

They were a very good team, I thought? Even these youngsters will get 1st team minutes, at some stage of the season. Well-drilled and comfortable on the ball.

Indeed it was - their best player, that speedy winger, hadn’t played in that last game I mentioned but had been involved in nearly 30 games last season. My analysis of their team was clearly rubbish!  

9 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Think DC's interview pretty much sums it up perfectly. Not good enough, lots of work to do and the team looked shattered. But that's what pre seasons is all about, getting these performances out the way. 

Positive is that we should here some news on the trialist Dyer, Solanke, Griffiths and Lennon in the coming days. 

Dyer has been let go

12 hours ago, valeblue said:

One season didn’t we win every friendly easily and go down and another season got promoted when not winning a single friendly? I’m not concerned put it that way 

We won or drew every pre-season game in 2007-08 under Tin Foyle but had such a terrible start to the season he was gone by the end of September. I remember thinking what a good season we were going to have. Little did I know - we were relegated.

So pre-season tells us a bit but not a lot!

It's a friendly so you can't take a lot from it but I liked the look of Pett and Benning. Flashes of what Wilson can do and Proctor looks like he'd cause problems for defenders. Overall I'd say we have upgraded. Would have liked to seen both keepers in action a bit more.

Archived