onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC Supporters Club announcements - JR statue, LS stand appeal restarts

robf

Advert

• robf changed the title to PVFC Supporters Club announcements - JR statue, LS stand appeal restarts

Great initiatives.

I think we have to be aiming to be operating at the same level as the clubs we intend on mixing it with in 5-10 years - Championship clubs. Having Vale Park complete, fully operational, and with top-drawer facilities is a lofty goal considering our current position but we have to start working towards it now if it's ever going to happen.

The Lorne Street Appeal needs careful planning;

• a loyalty/rewards scheme type for fans who donate, with every fan getting their name on the wall, and rewards scaling with donations. 
  • partnerships with local businesses for sponsorship and investment
  • a clear purpose to the standing - get local government involved with grants etc, if we can prove it's going to be used for community measures away from matchdays.

It will require backing/agreement from the club but the SC will do all the heavy lifting and logistical work. Even buckets at home games will garner a few grand a go. Multiply by 10 and it's a good chunk. A pre-season 'Fans Day' with all proceeds to it would knock some off the target too. 

We're miles off but we simply have to be aspiring to be a well-run club in all facets. The restructuring of the football operations is a great move and community engagement is the best in the country, but it has to be matched by facilities if we're ever actually going to mix it in the 2nd tier as opposed to just talking about it as if it would be a nice idea.

Has anyone asked the club if this is what they want a few questions I have are.
Where are they putting the gym and how much is it going to cost to relocate it.
Is it going to generate more money or are people just going to move from other parts of the ground therefore costing money for extra staff.
Would the money be better given to finish the Robbie suite which will generate income.

13 minutes ago, dishydave said:

Is it going to generate more money or are people just going to move from other parts of the ground therefore costing money for extra staff.
Would the money be better given to finish the Robbie suite which will generate income.

I think if they finish the Lorne street and open it up as a family stand it gives them a good platform to nuture the fans of the future.

The previous family stand was awful and more likely to put youngsters off. We need to look at the long term as well as the present.

18 minutes ago, dishydave said:

I thought the idea of the Lorne St stand was to have a dedicated family area with modern facilities. Having taken my kids in recent seasons, as it is now - a block of the Bycars with nothing special for families -  isn't the way to attract youngsters to the club.

As I see it, the idea is to have an area which is family-friendly which will no doubt have special activities, concourse outlets and the like all tailored for families and children. I would image there will be visits from Boomer and the players, competitions and all sorts happening in the concourse when it becomes a family area. 

If we are to stop the ageing population of Vale fans, you've got to target the next generation and shoving them in a corner of the home end isn't the way to do that. 

Also, I don't think the club would be embracing this project the way they have in meetings if they didn't want it. 

There's a quote from Carol in an old Sentinel report about the family stand plans:

"I want that to be the family area. I desperately want those seats to be the family area and for that to be a family concourse and have the area around it where kids can go.

"Also, I have been talking about autism and having a space for kids and adults to go. They can be okay to go to a match because they know, if they struggle, they can get out of the way quickly, that area would be ideal for that.

"Or, for example if someone has Epilepsy, and felt they needed to get away, they would be able to do so.  So, it is really important to me that we get that as a family concourse."

1 hour ago, robf said:

I personally would love this image of Sir John for a statue...

rudgie.jpg.96638dad36c6d3724d6e913f09069209.jpg

I don't suppose it's practical and the one of him at Wembley is perhaps more likely...

Rudge.jpg.01f7969a313fc4993bfc1b36b58db99b.jpg

1 hour ago, robf said:

I personally would love this image of Sir John for a statue...

rudgie.jpg.96638dad36c6d3724d6e913f09069209.jpg

I don't suppose it's practical and the one of him at Wembley is perhaps more likely...

Rudge.jpg.01f7969a313fc4993bfc1b36b58db99b.jpg

Rudgie must be wearing his cap.

Archived