Martin Foyle,last Englishman to score at Wembley v Italian team

Martin Foyle,was he last Englishman to score against an Italian team at Wembley in a Final?
Come on all you Stato's out there answer this question my mate put to me!!

Can't remember us playing Italy(internationally) at least that often in recent times(at Wembley)?  I can recall Zola scoring when we lost 1-0 late 90s in a qualifier, I think that was the same group when we drew 0-0 in Rome to qualify when Ian Wright hit the post near the end.

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Notts hold the Anglo Italian Cup as the last winners, so maybe a last scorer too.

I thought Vale Genoa was the last year it was hosted? Could be wrong.  County were the last English winners but sure ours was the last final.

• Like 1

I thought Vale Genoa was the last year it was hosted? Could be wrong.  County were the last English winners but sure ours was the last final.
You could be right.

1 hour ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

Notts County are the last English team ro win it. However Genoa were the final winners.

Sent from my SM-G973F using onevalefan mobile app

Very true,  my memory is not what it was, so Foyle`s record stands. will he be a honoured guest on Sunday?

49 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

I always said it should have been 2 legs in the final! Should have had a game in Rome! We could have turned it round!😁

The only thing round in Rome would have been the half built Coliseum, unlike the one in Burslem 😄

18 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I have just messaged a friend of mine who works on Match of the Day to tell him. Maybe the Tinman will get a mention... 🙂

If only BBC had the rights to the footage, they might use it... Still they might not considering we were hunbled by the Italians that day.