onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Walsall sign Zak Mills

robf

Advert

Wilson played 8 games and had minimal impact. He fell out with fans but we were very quickly spared from being subjected to his inadequacies.

Mills played 25 and the image of him being absolutely diabolical in an empty stadium as my stream breaks up and we slide towards relegation is seared into my retinas. An abysmal footballer. Walsall must have no pennies. Blew the billboard money on Wilkinson and his 12 goals.

50 minutes ago, Swifty said:

Bitter Walsall fan here.

First signing we’ve made this summer that has left us underwhelmed.  Your comments suggests our whelm is right to be subterranean.

Genuinely, if you'd signed one of the more decent players we've released (Brown, Joyce, Monty) we'd be upfront and say it.

Mills was absolutely disastrous for us in a poor side. He's done alright elsewhere but he's genuinely one of the poorest footballers I've seen for Vale, and he's got a lot of competition.

52 minutes ago, MBE said:

THE worst full back ever seen in black & white.

Lets hope Rodders plays LW when we face Walsall.

For the life of me I can't imagine that carthorse will be first choice so we can but hope that the regular RB is injured that day 

On 08/07/2021 at 13:53, Breadwinner said:

Good luck to the lad apart from v us .

Going forwards not a bad player ,defensively needs improve but I guess that's why he plys is trade at league two .

For another league two club sign the lad he may be better than what some of our fan base think .

We will see when we play them and lets face it last season playing in front of no one you can understand some players not being at the level required as scoring a goal in front of no one must not have being a joy really  and sometimes fans can encourage  limited players into decent  ones just with the encouragement coming from the stands .

That's why Rodney could be something special ,cause the Vale fan base will take to him ,that's why they love Worrall it's all action its committed and I'm sure Amoo with me booming encouragement at him will be setting up goals and scoring them next season .

So no bad things say about Zac let's see how he does in front of a crowd before judgement as some games last season were played like pre season friendlies and that's in higher leagues than ours. 

You must be related to him.

On 08/07/2021 at 17:51, Swifty said:

Bitter Walsall fan here.

First signing we’ve made this summer that has left us underwhelmed.  Your comments suggests our whelm is right to be subterranean.

He nearly scored for you at the Bescot last season, managed to slice the ball against his own post in the first few minutes of the game.

9 hours ago, Beech said:

You must be related to him.

No not at all .

To be honest when we played 4 at the back our lack of pace was frightening but as soon as we put a extra centre half in there it made all the back players better if you happened to watch the games like I most certainly did you would have noticed that,  Mills could certainly have improved in that system but he got injured so that was the end of that .

Covid left a lot of our squad high and dry as they were furloughed then came the announcement all games behind closed doors and I think that's what Askey was harping on about the players were not ready for the rigours of 9 months football as the furlough was ongoing hence the load of late goals conceded by the team not just Mills .

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

I think that's what Askey was harping on about the players were not ready for the rigours of 9 months football as the furlough was ongoing hence the load of late goals conceded by the team not just Mills .

Maybe the players weren't ready but that was on Askey as the manager to make sure that they were. 

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Covid left a lot of our squad high and dry as they were furloughed then came the announcement all games behind closed doors and I think that's what Askey was harping on about the players were not ready for the rigours of 9 months football as the furlough was ongoing hence the load of late goals conceded by the team not just Mills .

Every other footballer, from Lionel Messi to Dog and Duck, had to deal with this situation and few were as cataclysmically poor as Zak Mills. It is no excuse. 

Askey didn't have his team fit, organised, or flexible enough but Mills was one of the poorest players in a very poor side. He looked marginally better when absolved of defensive responsibility in a back five but still offered very little.

Archived